These 10 modern break up songs are great for anyone who has just faced a breakup. Whether you're filled with sorrow or you're angry and vengeful, you'll be sure to find the perfect musical match for your emotions.
- Postal Service, "Nothing Better" – This song has a great beat and is enjoyable to listen to. The lyrics are also moving, expressing a sadness and unwillingness to let the relationship end. This song has a great message about letting a relationship end when it has to, but it's great to listen to at any time.
- Britney Spears, "Stronger" – Britney shines in this song, with amazingly powerful lyrics. This is the perfect song to listen to if you want inspiration to move on. With the assertive beat and vocals, it truly is one of the best modern break up songs.
- James Blunt, "Goodbye My Lover" – A moving song expressing extreme sorrow, the song will match anyone sad about a recent breakup. One of the most popular break up songs, it is timeless with a perfect melody. With the beautiful lyrics and passionate singing, it is definitely one of the best modern break up songs.
- Jojo, "Leave (Get Out)" – This is one of the songs that put Jojo on the map as a recognized artist. The lyrics are strong, putting a firm stance to a relationship that must end. Rather than sadness, this great break up song has an admirable assertive tone.
- Justin Timberlake, "Cry Me a River" – This song expresses the detached nature towards another person who plays the victim card after making all the wrong moves. It's a great modern song, a truly unique capture of Justin Timberlake's vocal talents. If you want something that will help you move on without someone that did you wrong, this is definitely the song for you.
- Miley Cyrus, "7 Things I Hate About You" – One of the most honest break up songs, this particular Cyrus hit speaks of both the good and the bad you see in the person you're saying goodbye to. This might be the best song to listen to if you want a song that speaks truthfully about both sides. The song is said to be about Miley's real life relationship with Nick Jonas, perhaps influencing the pure honesty in the lyrics.
- Aly & AJ, "Potential Break Up Song" – An up and coming Disney duo, Aly and AJ created a song perfect for someone facing a break up. This song has a great dance electronic beat. The lyrics are assertive and enjoyably sung at a fast pace.
- Beyonce, "Single Ladies" – This is the perfect song for any female that just became single. The lyrics express the value of commitment, and the right to place commitment at such a pinnacle. It may just be exactly the words you need to get over your break up stronger and wiser.
- Black Eyed Peas, "Shut Up" – The band Black Eyed Peas does a great job verbalizing the difficulties and different sides to a relationship. It is a great song if you want a song that recalls the past with an enjoyable beat. The lyrics are fun, and this break up song may just be what you need to get some perspective.
- Toni Braxton, "Un-break My Heart" – The passion and sadness is evident in the vocals of this break up song. The song is moving, and beautifully expresses the sadness of facing a broken heart. The song is truly moving, one of the best modern songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …