Many countries boast that they are home to one of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world. From the ancient winding roads of Europe to the ultra modern skyscrapers of Asia, every country has somewhere that could be considered as the one of the most beautiful cities.
- Rome. A major tourist destination, Rome is full of amazing sights. From the Vatican City to the Coliseum, it is perhaps little wonder that it is one of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world.
- Venice. A world famous city, Venice is a fascinating mix of waterways and grand buildings. Tourists drink coffee in the Piazza San Marco as water laps at building foundations just like in the movies.
- Cambridge. Winding streets and historic university buildings are what the hallowed English city of Cambridge is all about. Meander down the River Cam on a punt and see why this is one of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world.
- Hong Kong. Although the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong doesn’t bring to mind a place of great beauty, it has some of the most aesthetically pleasing views in the world. As well the breathtaking view at Victoria Peak, there is several city parks that offer peaceful respite from the chaos of the city. Architecturally, the city is home to some striking buildings such as the Lippo Towers, which have been designed to look as if koala bears are ascending their sides.
- Vancouver. Used as the backdrop for many film and television locations, Vancouver is one of the world’s most eco-friendly cities. Home to numerous natural attractions such as Stanley Park, it is one of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world.
- Christchurch. Located on the South Island of New Zealand, Christchurch is a picturesque college town that is reminiscent of England’s own Oxford and Cambridge. Spend a day wandering around the historic churches or picnic by the River Avon.
- Paris. Known as the “City of Lights,” Paris has so much to offer that it is easy to see why it is a favorite destination for tourists. As well as the Louvre, there is the famed cathedral Notre Dame and of course, that tower.
- Barcelona. Home to a park designed by Gaudi, a museum about Picasso and a variety of vibrant colorful buildings, Barcelona is one of the 10 most beautiful cities in the world. Explore the ancient Gothic Quarter or wander the Ramblas to see for yourself.
- Prague. With its gothic architecture and towering spires, you could be mistaken for thinking you had stepped into a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. For those who visit it feels like you are stepping into a different time.
- Buenos Aires. Nicknamed “Paris of the South,” Buenos Aires is home to a plethora of cafes, museums and art galleries. Colonial buildings and bustling markets add to the vibrant atmosphere of this South American city.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.