10 Most Beautiful Cities
As the saying goes, it's always greener on the other side of the fence, unless you live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Whether you're planning your honeymoon, summer vacation, or just daydreaming, here's our list of the most beautiful cities:
- Rio de Janeiro is the second largest city in Brazil; home to beaches, tropical forests, athletic events, and awe inspiring architecture, it is one of the favorite locations for tourists in South America. Just outside of Rio is "Christ The Redeemer" which was recently named one of the Seven Wonders Of The World and internationally known.
- Paris is known world over as "The City Of Lights" or "The City Of Love," Paris has a beautiful history. Home to some of the best art museums in the world, and of course the Eiffel tower, you can't visit Europe without taking a tour through Paris.
- Vienna is best known for it's spectacular palaces, statues, and the Spanish Riding school. But Vienna is also home to stunning modern art, and classical art museums.
- Sydney is best known for the Sydney Opera House just off the coast. A visit to Sydney also means the site of the 2000 Summer Olympic Park. Sydney is definitely one of the most beautiful cities.
- Florence is known for the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, the Ponte Vecchio, and the Piazza della Signoria. Couple the beautiful sight-seeing with genuine Italian food and you have a winner.
- Venice is the very picture of romance. Best known for being a city made of canals, and thus the absence of cars, it is also home to St. Michael's Basilica. Venice is not only completely unique, it is also one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
- San Francisco is famous for sights such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Coit tower. You can take a ride through the hilly streets in a cable car, have lunch at the pier, and dessert at Ghiradelli square. Surrounded by the ocean, and within view of the Marin hills, San Francisco is beautiful.
- London is just a hop across the pond so to speak, and full of historical and beautiful sights. Home of Big Ben, Parliament, Tower Bridge, and several landmarks of the royal variety, London is another "must see" for any visit to Europe.
- Vatican City is perhaps a city of most importance to those of the Catholic faith, but everyone can appreciate the beauty. Full of museums, churches, and libraries, the Vatican City is one of the most beautiful cities to visit.
- Oia is located on the island of Santorini in Greece. From Oia, you can see the beautiful blue of the Mediterranean Sea, contrasted by the stark white of the buildings of Oia along the cliffside. If you want a quiet vacation away from it all in a beautiful seaside town, Oia is the place.