Money was not an object when it came to these 10 most expensive celebrity weddings. Celebrities pay top dollar to make their wedding day special by shelling out hundreds of thousands on fireworks, food, drinks and the venue. The list consists of musicians, actors, athletes and models that all spent over a million dollars on their big day.
- Liza Minnelli and David Gest The $3.5 million March 2002 nuptials between Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony winning singer/actress Liza Minnelli and concert promoter David Gest was an A-list studded ceremony. The wedding party included best man Michael Jackson and Maid of Honor Elizabeth Taylor, while Natalie Cole and Tony Bennett preformed at the reception. The nuptials took place in New York City's Marble Collegiate Church, and 1,000 guests were present for the most expensive celebrity wedding to date.
- Paul McCartney and Heather Mills In June 2002 former Beatle Paul McCartney married former model Heather Mills in a $3 million celebrity wedding at St. Salvador's Church in Monaghan, Ireland. Renting the castle cost $40,000 and flowers were $145,000. The Indian-themed reception was concluded with a $150,000 firework show. The celebrity music guests included Ringo Star, Sir Elton John, and Eric Clapton.
- Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar Spanning the wedding over eight days and two continents, model turned actress Elizabeth Hurley married Indian businessman Arun Navar in a $2.5 million celebrity wedding March 2007. Designer Donatella Versace designed Hurley's wedding gown for the March 2nd wedding that took place the medieval Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire, Umaid Bhawan. The second set of nuptials was held at Palace in Jodhpur, India, in which a traditional Hindu ceremony took place.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes In November of 2006 actor Tom Cruise married actress Katie Holmes in the Odescalchi Castle outside Rome. Fashion designer Georgio Armani designed a custom wedding dress for Katie and Tom's tux, along with the entire wedding party's attire. The lavish celebrity wedding's estimated cost is $2 million, which included fireworks, a performance by opera singer Andrea Bocelli, and a four course meal for the couple's 150 guests.
- Elizabeth Taylor and Larry Fortensky In October 1991 Liz Taylor, at the age of 59, married 39 year-old construction worker Larry Fortensky in a $2 million wedding at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. It was Taylor's seventh wedding, and she spared no expense, wearing a $30,000 Valentino gown and spending $500,000 on food and wine.
- Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman $2 million is the estimated cost for the November 2005 wedding between pop singer Christina Aguilera and music executive Jordan Bratman. The bride's $30,000 Christian Lacroix gown was paired with a $10,000 diamond rosary, and the groom's tux cost $5,000. The wedding took place at Napa Valley's Staglin Family Vineyard, and celebrity guests includes Sharon Stone, Justin Timberlake, and Pink.
- Elton John and David Furnish In December 2005, within a week of Britain legalizing civil unions, the pop legend and filmmaker married in a $1.5 million wedding at Windsor's Guildhall. Cavair and Champagne totaled $130,000, and the men each wore a $5,000 tuxedo.
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones The couple married November of 2000 at New York's Plaza Hotel in an estimated $1.5 million wedding. The bride's gown from Christian Lacroix is rumoured to cost around $100,000. The reception, held in the Grand Ballroom, included a ten-tier wedding cake and music by Mick Hucknall and Bonnie Tyler.
- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren Golf pro Tiger Woods married model turned nanny Elin Nordegren October 2004 in an estimated $1.5 million wedding. Guaranteeing privacy by renting out the entire Sandy Lane Golf Resort in Barbados for an entire week made this one of the most expensive celebrity weddings to date.
- Eddie Murphy and Nicole Mitchel In March, 1993, the $1.5 million New York celebrity wedding took place at the Plaza Hotel. The bride's wedding dress featured a twelve-foot-long train and is estimated to of cost $40,000. The flower filled Grand Ballroom was used for the ceremony, and Palm Court was where celebrity friends such as Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and Prince dined. Transformed into a disco, the evening ended back in the Grand Ballroom for dancing and drinks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.