10 Most Expensive Homes In The World
What are the 10 most expensive homes in the world? With so much news in recent years about the real estate market and falling home values, there are still 10 properties so lavish that their price tags hit the top ten lists of the most expensive houses in the world.
- Antilia. It is not surprising that the world’s most expensive home is located in one of the world’s most expensive cities. Antilia, with a hefty value of one billion dollars, is a 27-floor skyscraper built by business tycoon Mukesh Ambani in Mumbai, India. The unique, modern architecture boasts such amenities has a six-story car parking area, multiple helicopter pads, and an array of living quarters, lounges, and luxury accommodations requiring the services of nearly 600 servants.
- Villa Leopolda. Built by King Leopold II of Belgium at the turn of the 20th Century, this villa in the French Riviera has a price tag of $506 million. Housing nineteen bedrooms, and a variety of sports courts, gardens and even a movie theater, this massive villa is privately owned.
- The Penthouse at Number One Hyde Park in London. The most expensive apartment in the world has a price tag of $200 million. This posh London flat (which sold in 2010 making it the most expensive property to date in Britain) sports top security, lavish amenities, and even offers secret access to the popular Mandarin Hotel.
- Fairfield Pond. The 63-acre Hampton estate of Ira Rennart boasts a price of $170 million. The extravagant home is believed to be the largest residential home in the United States.
- Hearst Mansion. William Randolph Hearst’s Beverly Hills estate makes the list at a modest $165 million. The property sports such amenities as a private disco and theatre to accompany its famous zip code.
- Franchuk Villa. This $161 million estate in Kensington was once a girls prep school. In 2006, the property was upgraded and offers amenities such as an indoor, underground swimming pool and private gym.
- The Pinnacle. The private home of Tim and Edra Blixseth, a $155 million luxury estate in Montana, is fittingly found amidst the exclusive billionaire friendly Yellowstone Club. With only ten bedrooms, the Pinnacle is small by comparison to many other expensive homes—but, it makes up for it with lavish amenities such as a massive wine cellar and heated driveway.
- The Manor. In true Hollywood style, this $150 million L.A. mansion was built for Hollywood great Aaron Spelling and his family. Luxury details such as an indoor skating rink and an entire floor used for closet space make the Spelling estate a true display of opulence.
- Updown Court. This massive property in the village of Windlesham in Surrey holds a price tag of $139 million. With a size greater than even Buckingham Palace, this property is viewed as one of the most luxurious private residences in England, with 24-carat gold leaf mosaic floors throughout many of the home's rooms.
- Dracula’s Castle. This 14th century castle home of Vlad the Impaler in Romania holds a value $135 million. While the value of Dracula’s Castle lies more in the historical significance and tourist draw than in sheer extravagance, the property is certainly a unique one.