10 Most Expensive Motorcycles
One of the first motorcycles in the world was designed by Sylvester Howard Roper in the 1860, but motorcycles have come a long way since then, here are the best of the best: the 10 most expensive motorcycles in the world. Since the creation of the first motorcycle, development has never stopped, today motorcycles are more sleek, faster, more powerful and much more expensive than ever. Not everyone can own one of the fastest motorcycles, but everyone can aspire to!
- MV-Augusta F4CC. Retailing for $120,000, this is certainly one of the most expensive motorcycles in the world. The Augusta was created by the director of MV, Claudio Castiglioni and has his initials etched into the chrome. There were only 100 of these bikes created making them extremely rare and valuable.
- MTT Turbine SuperBike. One of the world’s most expensive motorcycles at $150,000, the MTT Turbine Superbike is also one of the fastest motorcycles in the world. Holding the Guinness World Record for “Most Powerful Motorcycle Ever to Enter Series Production” the Turbine is capable of speeds up to 300 hp.
- Icon Sheene. Created in honor of the late British Grand Prix motorcycle champion, Barry Sheene who died at age 52. In honor of this, only 52 of these bikes were created and tailor made to fit its riders specifications. One of the most expensive motorcycles to go on the market, the Icon Sheene retailed for $160,000
- Macchia Nera Concept Bike. This Italian designed and engineered bike is meant for the track. Extremely lightweight, the Macchia Nera has exposed belts and engine pieces. The bike retailed for $201,000 making it one of the most expensive motorcycles in the world.
- Ecosse Titanium Series RR Limited Edition. A sleek and sexy bike retailing for a cool $275,000, there were only ten of these bikes ever created. The bike is capable of speeds up to 200 hp and is fully adjustable.
- Dodge Tomahawk V10 Superbike. For $555,000, the Tomahawk is easily one of the world’s most expensive motorcycles. Its avant-garde design makes this bike considered to be an “automotive sculpture” and is not street legal in the United States. This bike is capable of speeds up to 400 mph.
- Aprilia RSV1000R Factory. One of the most expensive motorcycles that is in regular production, the Aprilla Factory RSV retails for $17,999. While not as much as specialty bikes, this is one of the most expensive bikes that is available for purchase in regular retail.
- AEM Carbon Fiber Hayabusa. Easily one of the most expensive motorcycles in the world, the AEM Carbon Fiber Hayabusa retails between $160,000 and $200,000. The bike is capable of speeds up to 300 kms/hr.
- Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Limited Edition. This bike is the most expensive motorcycle ever in the Harley-Davidson collection. Retailing for $36,499, this bike was limited to a production number of 999 units.
- MIT Gas Turbine Superbike. The MIT Gas Turbine is made of varnish-coated carbon fibers. The bike costs up to $250,000 and is easily one of the most expensive motorcycles in the world. The bike is built for speed and can reach up to 60 mph in around two and half seconds.