Curious about the 10 most expensive restaurants in America? Food lovers who are looking for an experience, not just a meal, willingly pay $100 or more per person at the most exclusive restaurants in the US. If you are one of these people, then you need to try the 10 most expensive restaurants in America. These expensive restaurants offer dishes meant to excite the eyes as well as the stomach. The following are the 10 most expensive restaurants in America, and once you experience what they have to offer you will realize why.
- Masa. Chef Masa Takayama's eponymous New York City restaurant serves Japanese cuisine. With cuisine such as chicken yakitori, oysters and crabs, there is something for every palate. Exclusive pricing does not include taxes, gratuities or sake. Masa: 10 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019. (212) 823-9800.
- Tom: Tuesday Dinner. The name of this up-market eatery comes from the fact that owner Tom Colicchio only opens two Tuesdays out of every month. He makes up for limited openings via high prices. His menu changes based on how he is feeling and you can click the current market on his website to see what the specialties are that month. Possibilities include lobster, crab, pheasant and more. Tom: Tuesday Dinner: 47 East 19th St., New York, New York 10003. (212) 400-6495.
- French Laundry. Napa Valley boasts, among other highlights, French Laundry. Here diners are served a combination of rural French and modern American cuisine. Owner Thomas Keller offers a nine-course tasting menu. French Laundry: 6640 Washington St., Yountville, California 94599.
- Urasawa. Once sous chef to Masa Takayama, Hiroyuki Urasawa follows his teacher's self-naming trend with this Beverly Hills restaurant. The food he serves stuns the eyes and the palate, and makes this location worthy to be in the top most expensive restaurants in America. Urasawa: 218 Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, California 90210. (210) 247-8939.
- Joel Robuchon at the Mansion. Only a cozy twelve tables are served at this Las Vegas restaurant. If the cost of a sixteen-course meal exceeds your budget, choose the six-course meal for a little less. Expect to eat traditional French cuisine. Joel Robuchon: 3799 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada 89109. (702) 891-7777.
- Alinea. Chicago boasts many high-class restaurants, including Alinea. Here, enjoy the tour: twenty courses taking roughly four hours to literally tour the kitchen of Grant Achatz. Enjoy French, Asian and American cuisine with frequent menu changes. Alinea is one of the top 10 most expensive restaurants in America. Alinea: 1723 N. Halstead St., Chicago, Illinois 60614. (312) 867-0110.
- Charlie Trotter's. Try the nine-course Grand Menu or take the table overlooking the kitchen and watch the chef work. Known for its excellent and delicious seafood, Charlie's is quite popular. Charlie Trotter's: 816 West Armitage, Chicago, Illinois 60614. (773) 248-6228.
- Arun's Thai. Chicago proves its versatility with this Thai restaurant, where a twelve-course dinner is meant to be an event, not merely a meal. Arun's serves quality food, which makes it worthy to be among the top 10 most expensive restaurants in America. Arun's Thai: 4156 North Kedzie Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60618-2440. (773) 539-1909.
- The Herb Farm. Menus are themed at this Seattle eatery. The themes, and menus, change as frequently as every few weeks or every few days. This Washington restaurant ranks up there as one of the most expensive restaurants in America. The Herb Farm: 14590 Northeast 145th St., Woodinville, Washington 98072. (425) 485-5300.
- L'Espalier. Located in Back Bay, Boston, L'Espalier serves New England American cuisine and French cuisine combined. They offer a chef's tasting menu. This is one of the more expensive restaurants in Boston. L'Espalier: 774 Boylston St., Boston, Massachusetts 02199. (617) 262-3023.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.