New York is home to many outlandishly expensive restaurants, but have you ever wondered which are the ten most expensive restaurants in NYC. If you are willing to splurge and you have the capital to afford it, New York is the right place for you!
- Gramercy Tavern, 42 East 29th Street, NYC, NY 10003, 212-477-0777. Located in a historic landmark building, it is the renewal of the classic American tavern. The refined American cuisine, excellent service and warm hospitality are unequalled at any restaurant in NYC.
- Per Se, 10Columbus Circle #6 Rest, NYC, NY, 212-823-9335. A credit card is required at the time you schedule your reservation. Per Se requires a jacket though a tie is optional. No casual wear is accepted. Two new nine course meals are offered every day. Though the courses are small, the food delights the senses making this one of the most delectable restaurants in NYC.
- Le Bernardin, 155 West 51st Street, NYC, NY, 212-554-1515. A credit card is required at the time you schedule your reservation. This European/French/Seafood venue is one of the most refined and expensive restaurants in NYC with an outstanding ambiance. The outstanding food and service are among the best in the city. The dress code is business casual; jackets are required.
- Mesa, 10 Columbus Circle, Time Warner Center, 4/F, NYC, NY, 212-823-9800. Reservations must be confirmed with a credit card. Cancellations are $200.00 per person and must be made 48 hours in advance. Chef Mesa was born in Japan where his parents owned a catering business. He has been cooking Japanese cuisine since he was a small child. He has received numerous awards. Mesa is one of the most expensive restaurants in NYC and perhaps one of the smallest with only room for twenty-six guests. But, the three hours you will spend at the restaurant are an unparalleled omakase experience.
- Kurumazushi Restaurant, 7 East 47th St. Second Floor, NYC, NY, 212-317-2802. World-renowned Sushi Chef Toshihiro Uezu offers his magical touch to some of the best sushi. This traditional Japanese sushi bar is one of the most expensive restaurants in NYC; however, once you savor the excellent sushi and seafood you will realize that it is actually very reasonably priced.
- Gotham Bar and Grill, 12 East 12th St, NYC, NY 10003, 212-620-4020. This smart casual restaurant offers American cuisine. While the environment might be relaxed, the attention to detail is just as important as any other expensive restaurant in NYC.
- Aquavit Restaurant, 65 East 55th Street (Park and Madison Avenues), NYC, NY 10022, 212-307-7311. This Scandinavian restaurant offers prix fixe or tasting menus, a Smorgasbord brunch, or casual dining in the Aquavit Bistro, Scandinavian style. Jackets are required in the dining room, which offers a soft elegant atmosphere.
- Sugiyama, 251 West 55th Street, NYC, NY 10019, 212-956-0670 reservations requested. The serene Japanese atmosphere offers a multicourse Kaiseki meal with seasonal ingredients featuring color, shape, flavor and texture to delight all of your senses. While this is one of the most expensive restaurants in NYC, the menu offers a variety from a three to eight course meals.
- Gilt at the New York Palace Hotel, 455 Madison Avenue, NYC, NY 10022, 212-891-8100. Reservations are recommended. This restaurant, offering a lavish atmosphere, is one of the most expensive restaurants in NYC offering New American cuisine. The intimate fifty-two seat dining room offers three and five course prix fixe menus plus a seven course tasting menu. The style is business casual; jackets are required.
- Serendipity 3, 225 East 60th Street between 2nd and 3’d Avenues, NYC, NY 10022, 212-838-3531. Reservations accepted for lunch and dinner and the Guinness World Record Golden Opulence Sundae requires a 48 hour reservation. This 1950’s style café and ice cream shop is a favorite with celebrities. While much of the menu is reasonably priced for an expensive restaurant in NYC, other menu items are extravagant.
Elegant dining in New York is an opulent experience. If you are willing to indulge at one of the most expensive restaurants in NYC you are guaranteed to have an exceptional meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.