10 Most Expensive Zip Codes
With the exception of Alpine, New Jersey, California and New York are the two states with 9 out of the 10 most expensive zip codes in the United States of America. And speaking of the sunny state of California, it is also home to more then half of the most expensive zip codes as well. So if you are in the market for some luxury real estate, or are just curious, have a look at these 10 most expensive zip codes.
- 91008 - Duarte/Bradbury, Ca. This small-scale suburb outside of downtown Los Angeles may not be as well known as L.A., but it is a much more expensive zip code to live in. The median cost to purchase a home in the Duarte/Bradbury area of California is $4,276,462.
- 94027 - Atherton, Ca. If you slide over to Atherton, California to save some money, it will literally be "some money". This 94027 zip code is still quite expensive at $4,010,200 for the average home.
- 90274 - Rolling Hills, Ca. The third most expensive zip code is still within the state of California - Rolling Hills to be exact. The median household income may be $117,979, but the median price for the home that those incomes reside in is a whopping $3,892,456.
- 07620 - Alpine, N.J. The first zip code outside of California on this list is 07620 and has only a slightly lower average housing price: $3,814,885. This is about an -8% drop from where the median cost for Alpine, New Jersey homes was at last year.
- 10014 - New York, N.Y. This west side section of Lower Manhattan is definitely an expensive choice for places to call "home". The median housing price is incredibly high at: $3,785,445 but with an average household income of $66,601, the earning power of their homeowners is significantly lower than most of the others on this list.
- 90210 - Beverly Hills, Ca. This is the famed Beverly Hills zip code that used to have a popular television show named after it: 90210. Be prepared to shell out an average cost of $3,684,150 for these pricey pieces of extravagance.
- 10065 - New York, N.Y. If you would prefer to live on the east side of Manhattan, close to the Queensboro Bridge, you will be most likely looking towards living in the 10065 zip code. You will also be looking at homes with an average cost of $3,626,001.
- 94920 - Belvedere/Tiburon, Ca. Belvedere isn't just the name of a famous television butler, or a popular brand of vodka, it is also the name of the town in the 94920 zip code of California. Within one year this housing market experienced tremendous growth of 51%, leading to an average house in this Belvedere/Tiburon area costing $3,283,269.
- 10012 - New York, N.Y. Where exactly is the 10012 zip code in New York City? This section of Manhattan is essentially near the East Village and includes some of the Little Italy and Soho neighborhoods, and has a median home price of $3,221,371.
- 93108 - Santa Barbara/Montecito, Ca. The last zip code on this list of most expensive zip codes is still above $3 million dollars. Santa Barbara, California's 93108 destination will cost you an average of $3,151,220 per home.