- Bai Ling: She was born in China and came to the United States in 1991 and became a U.S. citizen in 1999. While living in China she was an entertainer in the Chinese’s army. Some of her films credits are the hit shows “Lost” and Entourage making her one of the ten most famous Asian actresses.
- Gong Li: She was born in Japan and has received a New York Film Critics award for her role in “Farewell My Concubine”. She has been named one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People which makes her one of the ten most famous Asian actresses.
- Zhang Ziyi: She was born in China in 1979 and became most famous for her role in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”. As one of the ten most famous Asian actresses, she was a judge at the Cannes Film Festival in 2006.
- Michelle Yeoh: She was in the film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and “Tomorrow Never Dies”. She was nominated for Best Actress in “Crouching Tiger,” thus making her one of the ten most famous Asian actresses.
- Joan Chen: She was born in China in 1961 and as a teenager she was dubbed by Time magazine as the “Elizabeth Taylor of China” due to having achieved fame at such a young age. She began directing films in 1998 but continues to act and is one of the ten most famous Asian actresses.
- Maggie Q: She was born in 1979 and has starred in “Mission Impossible III” and “Live Free or Die Hard”. She is a strong supporter of PETA and has appeared in advertisements for the organization. This has not hurt her rank as one of the ten most famous Asian actresses.
- Maggie Cheung: She was born in 1964 and is also a restaurant owner. She was voted Most Photogenic in the Miss Hong Kong Beauty Pageant and was runner-up in the Miss World Pageant solidly making her one of the ten most famous Asian actresses. She was the first Asian actress to win a prize at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Tia Carrera: She posed nude for the Playboy in January 2003 and this was the top selling Playboy magazine of the year. She starred in “Wayne’s World and “Wayne’s World 2”. People magazine named her one of the Most Beautiful People and this has helped her rank as one of the ten most famous Asian actresses.
- Kelly Hu: She was born in 1968 and is of Chinese, Hawaiian and English descent. She has appeared in the film “Friday the 13th Part VIII” and “The Tournament”. She is an avid poker player and has taken part in many tournaments.
- Lucy Liu: Lucy was born in 1968 and was raised in New York. Her most famous role was in the movie “Charlie’s Angels”. She has also produced and starred in “Code Name: The Cleaner”. She has provided the voice in many animated movies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)