A list of the 10 most famous businessmen of all time includes some of the best and best-mythologized industrial thinkers ever. Men on this list created new industries, changed the way businesses were run, and made millions … and in many cases, billions of dollars.
- Thomas Edison. Edison is probably best known for inventing the light bulb and is easily one of the ten most famous businessmen of all time. In addition to this, however, he is credited with over 1,000 patents and the company he created in 1878, General Electric, is one of the biggest country’s in the world.
- Henry Ford. Ford, one of the ten most famous businessmen of all time, founded the Ford Motor Company near the turn of the twentieth century and standardized the production of automobiles. His Model T changed the way businesses operated, with the introduction of assembly lines, and ultimately changed how societies operated and people interacted.
- Bill Gates. Gates elevated himself to the wealthiest man in the world in the late twentieth century, and in so doing became one of the ten most famous businessmen of all time. Gates created Microsoft, the software that operates the vast majority of the world’s computers.
- John D. Rockefeller. Rockefeller was an oil magnate and, adjusted for inflation, the wealthiest man to ever live. As one of the ten most famous businessmen of all time, his last name became synonymous with wealth and prestige.
- Walt Disney. Disney is easily one of the ten most famous businessmen of all time, having made significant contributions to both movie making and vacations. His name is associated with childhood fun, imagination and creativity.
- Steven Jobs. Jobs was one of the creators of Apple, a company for which he has become the public face. Apple introduced the personal computer to the United States in the early 1980s and has continued to be a leader in technological innovations every since.
- Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie was a classic American success story, working himself up from the bottom of a company to become the greatest steel magnate in American history. His name is on libraries, banks, and universities.
- JP Morgan. Morgan was a banker and was so wealthy he even helped prop up the United States government in the late nineteenth century. His name remains on banks, and as one of the most significant financiers ever, is one of the ten most famous businessmen of all time.
- Michael Dell. Dell created Dell Inc., a computer that dominates the laptop and personal computer marketplace and is one of the largest tech companies in the world. Dell started his business while in college.
- Warren Buffett. Buffett and Gates have a friendly competition between them to see who can be the world’s richest man. He earned the nickname “The Oracle of Omaha” for his ability to invest wisely and successfully. Buffett is CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
The brilliant investor, head of Berkshire Hathaway, and the world's richest man, Warren Buffett is meeting with some 'bu ...
Everyone's favorite red-headed siren, Liz Claman, got quite the scoop yesterday on Bill and Warren's 'Excellent Adventur ...
Update: Fox emailed me to let everyone know the following Anchor Liz ClamanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s FOX Business Network exclusive in ...