The most famous Canadian actresses have appeared in superhero films, critically lauded independent films and reality TV shows. While many of the women got their start in the Canadian film business, others got their start on television series or appearances in “Playboy.” The most famous Canadian actresses are both award winners and cover girls and all have legions of fans who follow their every move.
- Ellen Page While she became a star when she appeared in “Juno,” Ellen Page starred in a number of Canadian films before making her way to the United States. Since arriving in Hollywood, Page has appeared in hit movies like “X-Men: The Last Stand,” “Whip It” and “Inception.”
- Pamela Anderson Pam Anderson got her start thanks to the exposure she received after posing for “Playboy.” She parlayed that into a role on the hottest show on television at the time, “Baywatch.” She also unsuccessfully tried to kick-start a movie career with “Barb Wire.” Anderson has become one of the most famous Canadian actresses thanks more to her off-screen work than anything else.
- Neve Campbell Neve Campbell became one of the famous Canadian actresses thanks to her work on television show “Party of Five.” She moved on to Hollywood with films like “The Craft” and “Wild Things” but gained worldwide attention thanks to her portrayal of Sidney Prescott in the popular “Scream” movie franchise.
- Carrie-Anne Moss Carrie-Anne Moss became one of the world’s most famous Canadian actresses when she portrayed Trinity in the science fiction blockbuster “The Matrix.” She has also appeared in a number of smaller, quality films like “Memento,” “Fido,” “Disturbia” and “Chumscrubber.”
- Shannon Tweed While Shannon Tweed spent much of her career in smaller B-movies and straight-to-cable skin flicks, she has recently become one of America’s most famous Canadian actresses thanks to her marriage to rock legend Gene Simmons of KISS. With the reality show “Family Jewels” becoming a hit, Tweed is more famous now than ever before.
- Jennifer Tilly Jennifer Tilly is an Oscar-nominated actress who has never taken her career as seriously as other famous Canadian actresses. Along with her Oscar nominated work (“Bullets Over Broadway”), Tilly has also appeared as a killer doll (“Bride of Chucky”).
- Natasha Henstridge Natasha Henstridge became not only one of the most famous Canadian actresses, but also one of the hottest actresses thanks to her role in the horror franchise “Species” where she left nothing to the imagination. She also appeared in the movie “The Whole Nine Yards” and its sequel as well as the short-lived television series “Eli Stone.”
- Anna Paquin Anna Paquin is quickly becoming one of the most famous Canadian actresses working today thanks to her work on the HBO hit show “True Blood.” Paquin became famous largely thanks to her role as Rogue in the “X-Men” franchise but has also appeared in indie movies like “Buffalo Soldiers,” “The Squid and the Whale” and “Trick ‘r Treat.”
- Sandra Oh Sandra Oh became one of the famous Canadian actresses thanks to her portrayal of Dr. Cristina Yang on “Grey’s Anatomy.” She previously appeared on the HBO sport’s comedy “Arli$$” and has appeared in the movies “Sideways,” “Hard Candy” and “Defendor.”
- Mia Kirshner Mia Kirshner has a legion of fans thanks to her role on “The L Word,” making her one of the most famous Canadian actresses. While her television career has been solid, including a turn on “The Vampire Diaries,” her movie career is hit-and-miss. She has appeared in “Mad City,” “Not Another Teen Movie” and “The Black Dahlia.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.