The ten most famous fashion models ever have done more than walk runways. To be this successful, they need a sharp business sense, an eye for design, and a sparkling personality to land a hosting spot or an acting gig. These ten lovely ladies have all used the catwalk as a springboard to long lasting careers.
- Twiggy. If the term supermodel had existed when Twiggy walked the runway, she would have been the poster child. She definitely tops the list of the most famous fashion models ever. Twiggy took the world by storm with her pageboy haircut and giant black eyelashes. After modeling, she released a few albums and did some acting, winning a Best Actress Golden Globe for "The Boy Friend" and getting a Tony nomination for "My One and Only."
- Heidi Klum. Heidi was eighteen when she won a contest and received a modeling contract as the prize. Her first runway show was for Victoria's Secret and her Cosmopolitan, GQ, and Sports Illustrated cover shots made her one of the most famous fashion models ever. But Heidi rose to the height of her prominence when she became host of "Project Runway." She is most definitely in.
- Tyra Banks. During her prolific modeling career, Tyra was the first black model to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, GQ, and the Victoria Secret catalog in one year. But that pales when compared to where her career took her. The actress, businesswoman, and host is happy to tell you about herself on one of her two TV shows, "The Tyra Banks Show" and "America's Next Top Model."
- Gisele Bundchen. In 2007 Forbes magazine listed Gisele as the highest-paid supermodel in the world. Although she has not had the success in the entertainment industry as some of her peers, she is as well known for her personal life as she is for her career—first as Leonardo Di Caprio's long-time girl and now as NFL star Tom Brady's wife.
- Kate Moss. Right behind Gisele on that Forbes list is Kate Moss, who was one of the models who helped usher in the ultra thin waif era. Clients like Calvin Klein and Chanel put her on the map, but personal circumstances, like dating Johnny Depp and appearing in photos snorting cocaine, have pushed her to become one of the most famous fashion models ever.
- Lauren Hutton. Lauren Hutton started modeling in the ’60s. Today at 66, she still has an agent and books jobs, making her one of the most famous fashion models ever. She's graced the cover of practically every fashion magazine known to man and also did a bit of acting including the film "American Gigolo."
- Janice Dickinson. On "E! True Hollywood Story," Janice claimed she was the world's first supermodel saying she told her agent "I am not Superman. I am a supermodel." Others maintain that the term had been around long before Janice "coined" it. Either way she's one of the world's most familiar faces appearing on countless magazines and ad campaigns. Her fame was sealed when she became a judge on "America's Next Top Model" and then started her own show "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency."
- Naomi Campbell. Naomi may possibly be known more for her troubles off the runway than she is for her substantial modeling career. Though she is one of the most successful models in history, her various hot-tempered encounters with housekeepers and assistants keep her in the news.
- Christie Brinkley. Even though the "Uptown Girl" shot to superstardom after marrying piano man Billy Joel and playing "National Lampoon's Vacation's" Ferrari girl, Christie is most famous for the period when people couldn't go anywhere without seeing her face. She has graced over 500 magazine covers including the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition for three consecutive years.
- Cindy Crawford. Cindy might be best known for her trademark mole and her four-year marriage to Richard Gere, but she is one of the most famous fashion models ever for more reasons than that. She's appeared on over 1,000 magazine covers and was one of the early runway girls to host a TV show, "House of Style."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!