10 Most Famous Fat Actors
It is time to salute our 10 most famous fat actors. These fat actors have made all of us feel much better about those cookies we have hidden. Whether they are portraying the heavy-weight in movies or TV, nobody can do it like these “larger than life” icons. These 10 most famous fat actors will forever loom large on our screens.
- Orson Welles - (deceased) This larger than life actor played in one of the best films ever created, Citizen Kane. He also made a huge stink in 1938 on Halloween night when he ran a live radio broadcast with a show called, "War of the Worlds." He convinced the most of his listeners that the world was being invaded by aliens, causing panic and chaos. There was world-wide outrage the following day; however, this secured his place as a huge star.
- John Candy - (deceased) The world lost a talented 375 lb. clown when this famous fat actor went to the big circus in the sky. He killed us in Mel Brooks' comedy "Spaceballs," "Planes, Trains and Automobiles," and "Splash." "Home Alone" and "Uncle Buck" were some of his greatest works.
- Rosanne Barr – (deceased) Ok, bad joke…wishful thinking? You be the judge. Love her or hate her, this Hollywood heavyweight has a commanding presence that cannot be denied. The "Domestic Goddess" got her first big break on Johnny Carson's late show, then went on to star in her own successful television show.
- Oprah Winfrey – This lady is a wealth of girth, and due to her constant, fluctuating fat we decided to fit her in the middle of the list. She may move up or down on the next countdown. She got her break after her career as a journalist, scoring a successful talk show, and playing a memorable role in the film, "The Color Purple." Well-known for her generosity, she once gave her entire television audience a new car. Her famous talk show first aired in 1996.
- Burl Ives – (deceased) Old and young alike remember his many classic holiday specials, such as "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer." He was bigger than life to most and was one of the most popular fat actors of his era. His booming voice is easily recognized, as are his many television roles and haunting ballads.
- John Goodman - This famous fat actor has numerous stage and film credits. His role as "Sully" in the hit children's movie "Monster, Inc. makes this tub of fun a favorite of many, but mainly, this prince of hilarity gets the award for putting up with Rosanne Barr. That’s pretty much the only reason we’ve included him in the 10 most famous fat actor’s lists.
- Chris Farley – (deceased) You would have to be made of stone not to laugh out loud when this wide load rocked the "SNL" stage wearing only a goofy smile and a bowtie. This famous fat actor is greatly missed. In the words of this humble, but, oh so huge loveable giant among men, "Well, la di frickin da."
- Jackie Gleason – (deceased) This talented butterball made us almost believe that abuse in the home was perfectly acceptable. Ok, not really. Whether you know him as "The Great One" or "Mr. Saturday night," this most awesome entertainer shot us "straight to the moon, Alice." How "sweet it was," Mr. Gleason.
- Jack Black –The only thing bigger than this famous fat actor would be the list of his accomplishments. Is there anyone out there that can deny this famous fat actor his due? Not since John Belushi has a unibrow had so much personality.
- Keiko the Killer whale – (deceased) Sadly, this whale of an actor did not live long enough to play the coveted role of Moby Dick; however he killed in Free Willy. Just be glad we didn’t include Jabba the Hut or Peter Griffin from The Family Guy. We do have some standards, ya know.
Well, there you have it, the best 10 most famous actors alive, and ahem… and not so alive. Somehow, their skinnier counterparts just don’t do it for us.