Many notable women that have shaped our world are on the list of 10 famous female entrepreneurs. These women are open-minded and clever souls with knowledge behind their success, their lives are about service. Breaking through the male-dominated mold they have relentlessly pursued their visions and become one of the 10 famous female entrepreneurs that we can glean wisdom and direction from.
- Coco Chanel created a women’s fashion dynasty. She was born in 1883 in Saumur, France and raised by nuns at the age of ten, after her mother’s death. She created a distinctive, elegant fashion style with the idea that luxury must be comfortable otherwise it’s not luxury. She create Chanel No. 5, her signature fragrance and most popular of all time since its debut in 1923.
- Mary Kay Ash, the founder of a billion dollar Cosmetics Empire. Mary Kay was born in Hot Wells, Texas in 1918. She was a salesperson for Stanley Home Products and sales director for World Gifts before becoming disappointed with the lack of deserved promotions. She looked at her own dreams and started Mary Kay Cosmetics in a small store in Dallas in 1963 with a first-year profit of $200,000.
- Debbi Fields is the creator of Mrs. Fields Cookies. She had a great chocolate chip cookie recipe and with little business experience became one of the most famous female entrepreneurs. Her brand is a household name, her products are mouth-watering. This famous cookie franchise is in several countries with over 600 stores.
- Madame C. J. Walker built a successful beauty products business. Madame Walker is the first self-made female African-American millionaire. She built her successful beauty product business in the early 20th century with over 3000 employees. She became a relentless driving force, perhaps fueled by being orphaned at an early age and the daughter of former slaves.
- Jenna Thompson went from porno star to media business mogul. She became a shrewd and powerful business tycoon. This successful female entrepreneur knew the importance of multiple passive income streams, the power of branding and controlled distribution.
- Oprah Winfrey is the owner of Harpo Industries, O Magazine and two cable television stations. She was born in Mississippi in 1954 and is one of the first African-American female entrepreneurs to become a multi-billionaire. She is in the entertainment industry as an Academy Award nominee for best-supporting actress in “The Color Purple” and won several Emmy Awards for “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” Ms. Winfrey is best known for her successful philanthropic ventures.
- Tyra Banks: super-model, celebrity and talk show host. She won a talk show Emmy Award and is one of the judges on the popular runway model television show. Tyra Banks is an impressive and charismatic African-American female entrepreneur.
- J. K. Rowlings is a famous fiction novelist, the creator of Harry Potter. Joanne Rowling was born in Gloucester, England in 1965. The first Harry Potter novel was finished in 1995. After several rejections Bloomsbury in London, decided to publish her book when the chairman’s daughter read it and wanted more. She is one of the wealthiest, female entrepreneurs and writers in the world.
- Anita Roddick was the founder of The Body Shop beauty and cosmetic line. She was born in Littlehampton, England in 1942. Out of financial desperation she started making cosmetics in her garage; this was the beginning of The Body Shop. Besides being one of the most famous female entrepreneurs; Roddick was a social activist campaigning effectively against the exploitation of the underprivileged and human rights abuse.
- Estee Lauder built a multi-billion dollar cosmetic dynasty. She was born in Queens, New York in 1908. Her uncle was the chemist who created the famous skin cream in 1946 and a few years later Estee Lauder, Inc. was started. Lauder, an innovative marketing genius, used her charismatic personality to sell at cosmetic counters in the best department stores, by giving away free samples. She became the richest self-made woman in the world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.