An often asked question is who are the 10 most famous female tennis players ever? This is an ever changing list due to the amount of female tennis players that have made the headlines in recent years but it does have a number of players that consistently show due to their ability and prowess.
- Martina Navratilova. Considered by many to be the greatest female tennis player there ever was. Her ability to dominate the singles and doubles categories along with her ranking as the world's number one during the height of her career has made Martina Navratilova one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever.
- Venus Williams. She has been ranked as the world's number one on more than one occasion and is consistently one of the most exciting players in the sport today. Her considerable achievements in the game and status as a role model to future tennis stars has guaranteed her a place as one of the 10 most famous female tennis stars ever.
- Steffi Graf. Steffi Graf's remarkable career has made her one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever. During her years as a player she achieved many things including the longest reign as world's number one and over 100 singles titles.
- Anna Kournikova. Although she is technically not as gifted a player as some other professionals, Anna Kournikova is perhaps more famous than most. Her striking looks have enabled her to have dual careers as both a model and a professional tennis player and as a result have elevated her profile to celebrity status. Because of this she is easily one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever.
- Martina Hingis. The youngest Grand Slam champion of all time, Martina Hingis' amazing career has made her one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever. She is only the third woman ever to hold the number one ranking in both singles and doubles tennis.
- Serena Williams. Over the years Serena has successfully stepped out from under her sister Venus' shadow to become the world's number one female tennis player. With a number of high profile endorsements and the most cash winnings by a female tennis player, it is little wonder that she is one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever.
- Monica Seles. A member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame, Monica Seles is one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever. The youngest ever champion at the French Open, it is sadly the vicious attack on her during a match that has since been associated with her name.
- Maria Sharapova. With a career path to rival Anna Kournikova's, Maria Sharapova is a former world's number one tennis player who has also successfully nurtured a burgeoning modelling career. Appearances for companies such as Nike and Canon has cemented her position as one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever.
- Billie Jean King. Perhaps one of the most influential names in female tennis, Billie Jean King is the founder of the Women's Tennis Association. A former professional player herself, her name has become synonymous with women's tennis making her one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever.
- Chris Evert. Hailed as one of the greatest female players of all time. Her fierce rivalry with Martina Navratilova produced some of the greatest tennis matches in history and as a result has made Chris Evert one of the 10 most famous female tennis players ever.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.