Check out this list of the top 10 most famous girl soccer players ever.Whether you call it soccer or football, this global sport has drawn some of the most talented athletes in the world. While you were watching the World Cup, however, you might have missed some of the female soccer players who have made a big impact on the game.
- Mia Hamm- Hamm may have had her share of injuries, but she is by far the most famous female soccer player in the United States.
- Kristine Lilly- Kristine Lilly has played hundreds of games, earning her a solid spot on Team USA.
- Heather Mitts- Heather Mitts is a talented player for Philadelphia; she is famous for her expert aim and solid goals.
- Joy Fawcett- At just 5’5, Fawcett is an incredible female soccer player with lots of international experience.
- Julie Fowdy- You may have spotted Fowdy in the 1996, 2000, and 2004 Olympics, where she went home with two gold one silver medal.
- Marta Vieira da Silva- Better known simply as Marta, this Brazilian soccer star plays for FC Gold Pride and the Brazilian Women’s National team. In 2006, she was named FIFA Women’s Player of the Year.
- Birgit Prinz- This German forward won FIFA Women’s Player of the Year in 2003, 2004, and 2005, prompting the Italian soccer club Perugia to try to sign her up in 2003.
- Mia Xiaoxu- Also known as Sun Wen Junior, this Chinese forward won Asia’s Young Footballer of the Year award in 2006.
- Hanna Ljungberg- After competing in the 2003 World Cup and two European Championships, this Swedish forward left her mark on the global soccer scene.
- Rachel Yankey- After playing with the New Jersey Wildcats in 2005, this British striker played in the UEFA Women’s Cup in 2007.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…