As more and more lesbian are finding that coming out will not necessarily hurt their careers, we are finding that some of the most famous working actresses are actually lesbians. Here is a list of the 10 most famous lesbian actresses, some of which have been wide out in the open for some time. Others have just recently come out, or are quietly leading their personal lives behind the scenes.
- Ellen Degeneres. Degeneres has been a strong voice in the lesbian community. She has opened the door for many others as they see how successful and happy she is.
- Portia de Rossi. We can't have Ellen Degeneres on the list without having her significant other. Would you have imagined that DeRossi was a lesbian the first time you saw her back in 1998 when she was on "Ally McBeal"?
- Jane Lynch. Lynch has been a working actress for years, but only recently become a household name. The infamous leader of the Cherios from the show Glee also just got married.
- Rosie O'Donell. Rosie O'Donell has been on numerous television shows as a character actress including Curb Your Enthusiasm, and most recently Drop Dead Diva. She has been openly gay for some time, and had a long term relationship that just recently ended.
- Wanda Sykes. Sykes is currently on The New Adventures of Old Christine and has been since the start of the series. She has also done a lot of voice work for children's animated movies, and has her own talk show. She publicly came out and surprised many when she showed up at the Las Vegas rally for Proposition 8 in 2008.
- Sandra Bernhardt. Berhard has been a character actress on countless television shows, and had a recurring role on Rosanne from 1991-1997. She is openly gay and is active in gay rights.
- Anne Heche. Although she married a male cameraman after her relationship with Ellen Degeneres, Anne Heche should still be put in the lesbian actress category.
- Lily Tomlin. Tomlin has never made a big announcement about the fact that she is gay, but she did acknowledge her long term relationship with Jane Wagner back in 2001. Tomlin started working as an actress in the 1960's and is still working today.
- Sara Gilbert. Remember Darlene from the television show Roseanne? She is a mom of two with her lesbian partner Allison Adler.
- Lindsay Lohan. Lohan has to be on this list becuase of her very public relationship and break up with Samantha Ronson. There is still some speculation about whether or not she really is gay, but I guess we will have to wait to see.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)