The 10 most famous rap lines come from rappers that made a dent in the hip-hop world. The lines come from memorable songs that drove rappers to success. Just because they are the ten most famous rap lines, however, it does not make them the greatest.
- "Just cause you're in the ghetto doesn't mean you can't grow" – 2Pac. Off the 1991 album, "2Pacalypse Now," is one of 2Pac's most famous songs titled, "Brenda's Got a Baby." It's a timeliness rap line that will be relevant for many decades to comes. It expresses hopefulness for the underprivileged.
- "I love it when you call me Big Pop-pa/Throw your hands in the air, if you'se a true player" – The Notorious B.I.G. One of the ten most famous rap lines comes from the 1994 song "Big Poppa." In 2001, the song was featured in the movie "Hardball." During the movie, an inner city kid cannot pitch at a baseball game unless he listens to the song "Big Poppa."
- "All I need is one mic. All I need is one life, one try, one breath, I'm one man." – Nas. In 2001, Nas released the album "Stillmatic," which has the song "One Mic" on it. The song is about wanting a simple life. This is one of the ten most famous rap lines because it perfectly describes every rapper.
- "Rollin' down the street, smokin' indo, sippin' on gin and juice. Laid back… (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind)" – Snoop Dogg. One of the ten most famous rap lines comes from the song "Gin and Juice." The entire line makes the song memorable. The rap line became famous in the country community when The Gourds covered the song.
- "So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up." – Eminem. The line is from Eminem's song "The Real Slim Shady." It brought Eminem mainstream success. It may one of the most famous rap lines by Eminem, but it certainly is not the greatest.
- "If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." – Jay-Z. The 2004 single "99 Problems" was released on "The Black Album." The hook is a twist on Ice-T's 1993 song "99 Problems." The extreme commercial success of both songs is why it's one of the ten most famous rap lines.
- "Life is such a fucking roller-coaster then it drops. But what should I scream for, this is my theme park." – Lil Wayne. It comes from the song "Forever," which also features Drake, Kanye West, and Eminem. During Lil Wayne's verse, he performs one of the ten most famous rap lines. The rap line can ring true for anyone.
- "I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love." – 50 Cent. The breakout song for rapper 50 Cent has one of the ten most famous rap lines on it. It comes from the song "In Da Club," which is off the album "Get Rich or Die Tryin." The song gained mainstream success, and was played on the airwaves and in the clubs.
- "We in that sunshine state with a bomb ass hemp beat the state where ya never find a dance floor empty." – Dr. Dre. The famous rap line is about the state California. It's off the song "California Love," which also features 2Pac. The entire song is epic and memorable, but that line stands out above all others.
- "No one on the corner has swagger like us." – M.I.A. The famous rap line is off M.I.A.'s song "Paper Plane." In 2008, Kanye West, T.I., Jay-Z, and Lil Wayne created the song "Swagga Like Us" around the line. The word swagger describes someone with smooth style, and it is used in a lot of rap lines.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.