The ten most famous Spanish actresses are well-known personalities in Spain. Many of them are famous internationally, as well. They have translated their extraordinary talent and exquisite beauty into very successful careers in television, stage, and film. Listed alphabetically, here are the most popular Spanish actresses of all time.
- Victoria Abril. Victoria Abril, 51, is a Spanish film actress. Her best known work is the 1990 Spanish drama, “Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down,” which also featured Antonio Banderas. The famous Spanish actress is also a singer who made her musical debut in 2005 with a Brazilian jazz album.
- Elena Anaya. Elena Anaya is a Spanish actress who gained international notice for her 2001 role in the sexually explicit Spanish drama, “Sex and Lucia.” Americans know her for her vampire role in the 2004 film, “Van Helsing.”
- Pilar Bardem. Pilar Bardem, 71, is well-known in Spain, for her acting roles as well as her political activism. Often called “La Bardem,” the actress numerous Spanish and international awards for best actress and best supporting actress.
- Ana Belen. Ana Belen, 59, is as famous for singing as she is for acting. Her early music career including several songs composed with Victor Manuel, some of them with obvious political and social messages. She has starred in numerous Spanish films, television programs, and theatrical productions.
- Penelope Cruz. Penelope Cruz, 36, is the most famous Spanish actress today. She made her film debut in a 1992 Spanish film, “Jamon, jamon.” Since then, she has starred in several American films, winning an Oscar for her role in the 2008 romantic comedy, “Vicky Cristina Barcelona.” Cruz is also a fashion model and served as a spokesmodel for a popular cosmetic company.
- Angelines Fernandez. Angelines Fernandez, who died in 1994 at the age of 71, was a Spanish actress who found more fame in Mexico than in Spain. She had acting roles in numerous Mexican films and telenovelas until shortly before her death.
- Sara Montiel. Sara Montiel, 82, is an internationally known Spanish actress and singer. Her role in the 1957 Spanish film, “El ultimo cuple” gained her mega-star status throughout Europe and Latin America. She is known as one of Spain’s most commercially successful actresses.
- Maria Valverde. Maria Valverde, 23, is a rising star among Spanish actresses. She has already won a Goya Award for her role in the 2003 Spanish film, “La flaqueza del bolchevique.” She is known today as “the most beautiful face in Spanish films.”
- Paz Vega. Paz Vega, 34, made her acting debut in several Spanish television series in the late 1990s. Her role in the 2001 film, “Sex and Lucia,” caught the attention of a wider audience. She is best known to Americans for her 2004 film, “Spanglish,” and the 2006 independent film, “Ten Items Or Less,” starring Morgan Freeman. Vega is also a fashion model.
- Maribel Verdu. Maribel Verdu, 39, is best known to American audiences for her role in the 2006 film, “Pan’s Labyrinth.” Since the mid-1980s, she has appeared in more than fifty films and a number of television programs, mostly in the Spanish language.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)