10 Most Healthy Foods
Are you looking to get healthy and need to learn about the 10 most healthy foods? Great, you need not look any farther than right here, all the information you need about the 10 most healthy foods can be found right here on this page. Eating healthy foods will enhance the way you feel and act everyday. Healthy foods will give you the energy you need to keep going in your day to day life. Below is the 10 most healthy foods needed for a healthy body.
- Berries. Berries can help deter cancer, heart disease and urinary tract infections. Berries contain antioxidants which aid in fighting off infections of chronic diseases.
- Eggs. Eggs contain high-quality protein, carotenoids lutein, choline, and xeanthin. All of these are good for the eyes and helps prevent macular degeneration.
- Dark, leafy greens. Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, bok choy and dark lettuces offer vitamins, minerals, beta-carotene, vitamin C, folate, iron, magnesium, carotenoids, phytochemicals, and antioxidants. All of which are great for lessening the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes contain lycopene, vitamins A and C, potassium, and phytochemicals. This may help to reduces your chances of developing certain cancers. Tomatoes are good on just about any type of sandwich or can be eaten by itself.
- Whole grains. Whole grains like oatmeal, whole-grain bread, brown rice, and whole-grain pasta help to lower blood cholesterol levels. Whole grains contain folic acid, B vitamins, selenium which aid in reducing cholesterol. So eating whole grains is great and recommended.
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes contain antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamins C and E, folate, calcium, copper, iron and potassium. All of which aids in promoting a healthy digestive tract, and aids in preventing heart disease and cancer.
- Fish. Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids. Fish helps prevent blood clots related to heart disease. It is also said fish helps to improve brain function.
- Nuts. Nuts contain protein, fiber, selenium, vitamin E, and vitamin A. Nuts aid in lowering cholesterol levels and helps to prevent heart disease. Most people like nuts anyway so this should not be a problem to watch television and eat a few nuts.
- Dairy. Dairy products help to build strong muscle and bones. Dairy products contain carbohydrates and protein that aid in a healthier body. Dairy products may also help to lose unwanted weight.
- Beans and legumes. Beans and legumes contain phytochemicals, protein, folic acid, fiber; iron, magnesium and calcium. All of which aid in stabilizing blood sugar levels. It also helps to reduce the risk of certain cancers, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Its also a great way to fill up your stomach faster by making you feel full.