The 10 most popular campfire songs are those that have been sung amongst groups of children camping for many years. These songs are popular for family camping, girl or boy scout camping trips, or camping with classmates or friends. These have been the most popular campfire songs for many years, and they're sure to not be forgotten. So, here are the 10 most popular campfire songs.
- "Oh! Susanna" "Oh! Susanna" is a camfire song written by Stephen Foster. The song tells about a man who's travelling to another state to see Susanna, his true love. The opening lyrics are: "I come from Alabama, with a banjo on my knee; I'm goin' to Louisiana, my true love or to see."
- "She'll be Comin' 'Round the Mountain" This is certainly one of the most popular campfire songs, and often children motion to the lyrics, like the train whistle. The song begins "She'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes, 'Whoo, whoo!'"
- "Clementine" "Clementine" tells the story of a miner's daughter. The most famous part of this song is the beginning of the chorus: "Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine."
- "My Bonnie" "My Bonnie" is one of the most popular campfire songs that includes motions, if you wish. The lyrics to the song begin with "My Bonnie lies over the ocean, my Bonnie lies over the sea."
- "Old King Cole" "Old King Cole" is yet another song with the main character's name as the title. This campfire song begins "Old King Cole, was a merry old soul, and a merry old soul he was."
- "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" is one of the most popular campfire songs, and it's written like a letter from camp. The first lines are "Hello Muddah, hello Faddah, here I am at camp Granada."
- "Day-O" "Day-O," also known as "The Banana Boat Song" is a Jamaican folk song. The song opens with "Day-O, Day-O, Daylight ome and me wan' go home."
- "The Ants Go Marching" "The Ants Go Marching" is one of the most popular campfire songs with an easy tune. "The Ants Go Marching" starts with the lines "The ants go marching one by one. Hurrah, Hurrah."
- "Hole in the Sea" Part of the way into the campfire song "Hole in the Sea," the lines keep adding words until "there's a flea on the wing on the fly on the frog on the bump on the log in the whole of the bottom of the sea."
- "Mountain Dew" "Mountain Dew" is one of the most popular campfire songs that tells a story of various relatives. Each stanza of this campfire song ends with "that good old mountain dew."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.