If you want to know what the 10 most popular hip-hop songs are of all time, do no further searching. Whether you are just curious or if you want to add new tunes to your play list, these are the songs to add. Songs in this list vary from '90s hip-hop to current mainstream songs.
- “Single Ladies” by Beyonce: Queen of hip-hop Beyonce Knowles never fails at releasing songs that top the billboard, and this is one them. This song is probably one of the most popular hip-hop songs of all time. Although it is tailored for the single ladies, everyone still loves it.
- “Hot in Herre” by Nelly: Perhaps this song became a hit in the late '90s because of the way Nelly says “herre”. Ten years after its release, this song still never fails to get a crowd of people dancing at a club.
- “Umbrella” by Rihanna: Like Beyonce, Rihanna is the queen of hip-hop in today’s hip-hop culture. This song is one of Rihanna’s top hits, and if you want to dance to a sexy hip hop song with out getting too sweaty, this is the song to dance to because it has just the right rhythm.
- “Makaveli” by Tupac Shakur: Even if you know nothing about hip hop music, you have to know who 2Pac is. This '90s rapper is still greatly respected even after his death in 1996. If you want to just sit back and relax and listen to good hip hop music, add this tune to your music. Some of his other well-known songs are "Dear Mama" and "I Aint Mad at Cha".
- "One More Chance" by B.I.G.: Like 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G. is a hip-hop legend. This is one of his most memorable songs that is still very much popular in the hip-hop culture. Although you may not hear his music too much now a days especially at mainstream clubs, he is still a respected idle in the hip-hop world.
- “The Real Slim Shady” by Eminem: There have been very few Caucasian American male rappers who have had mainstream success in the hip-hop world. First there was Vanilla Ice in the early '90s, who gained recognition with his song Ice Ice Baby. Following him was Eminem in the late '90s, who gained recognition with this song that was released in the year 2000. Although Eminem has released several other favorable songs recently, it is this song that no one will never forget.
- “My Chick Bad” by Ludacris: You can never go wrong with Ludacris having that his music always tops the billboard. This song reached #2 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs when it was released in 2009. If you are throwing a party with hip-hop music, you can't forget to play this song.
- “Teach Me How To Dougie” by Cali Swag District: Dancing is a very important element in the hip-hop culture, and it is songs like these that makes the hip-hop culture flourish. First there was the do do brown dance that was popular in the early '90s owing to Uncle Luke's old school hip-hop song "I Wanna Rock" (Do Do Brown). Other hip-hop artists whose song became a dance was the 69 Boyz who invented the tootsie roll dance with their song "Tootsie Roll" in 1994. Just recently the New Boyz brought the jerk dance with their song "Jerkin". Now there is the dougie dance that you can learn how to do by watching the music video. Although this is a more recent song, it is most definitely popular.
- “Work It” by Missy Elliot: Missy Elliot was the queen of hip-hop in the early '90s. Although Beyonce and Rihanna have taken over the spotlight in today's scene, Missy Elliot’s music is still a top hit in the club, especially this song.
- “I Know You Want Me” (Calle Oche) by Pitbul: The blend of reggaeton and hip-hop beats is what makes this song different from the other songs on this list, and perhaps it is what makes this song so popular. You are sure to hear this song at any modern hip-hop club you go to. Every DJ must have this song in their playlist.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.