The 10 most popular rap songs are a musical mixture of words and rhymes. Rap music is more of the artist talking with lyrics than music itself. Rap music is generally accompanied by instruments. Most rappers write their won music. Throughout the years, rap songs have become popular and topped the charts.
- “You Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer. As one of the most popular rap songs, this song appears on the 1990 album “Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em.” It also appears on the video game “Just Dance.” In a May episode of the hit TV show, “Glee,” the song appeared on the show. There is also a South African ad about Castle Light Beer.
- “Gold Digger” by Kayne West. The song features vocals by Jamie Foxx. It is the 2ndsingle off his 2005 album “Late Registration.” The song is about a man who is married to a woman who uses him for his money.
- “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot. The song comes from the 1992 album “Mack Daddy.” As one of the most popular rap songs, the song details two thin white girls making comments about a girl with a big butt. The music video for the song was briefly banned by MTV because of controversy over the lyrics about a female butt. “Baby Got Back” was also covered by artists such as Vanilla Ice, Throwdown and Richard Cheese.
- “Hot in Herre” by Nelly. From the 2002 album, “Nellyville,” the song is the 1stsingle from the album. Movie fans will recognize the song from the movie “Agent Cody Banks.” Sports fans will know the song because Ray Lewis from the Baltimore Ravens uses “Hot in Herre” as his entrance song. The song has been covered by Coldplay and Wang Chung.
- “In Da Club” by 50 Cent. This is one of the most popular rap songs. The song is from 50 Cent’s 2003 album, “Get Rich or Die Tryin’.” The song has several remixes performed by Beyonce, Li'l Wayne and P. Diddy. The song was produced by Dr. Dre. “In Da Club” is about celebration.
- “Wild Thing” by Tone Loc. The song appears on Tone Loc’s 1988 album titled “Loc-Ed After Dark.” Weird Al Yankovic did a parody of this song called “Isle Thing.” Movie fans have seen the song appear in movies such as “Uncle Buck,” “The Animal” and “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.” The song is also show on the movie trailer of the 2011 movie “The Smurfs.”
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem. As one of the most popular rap songs, “Lose Yourself” can be found on Eminem’s 2002 “8 Mile” soundtrack, the movie in which he also has a starring role. The song also appears on the album “Curtain Call: The Hits.” The song was written and recorded on a portable set while filming the movie. The first verse in the song describes the movie plot.
- “Sing for the Moment” by Eminem. This song can be found on Eminem’s 2003 albums “Curtain Call: The Hits” and “The Eminem Show.” The song features a sample of the song “Dream On” sung by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. The music video for the song features Dr. Dre, D12, 50 Cent and Ludacris.
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice. “Ice Ice Baby” can be found on Vanilla Ice’s 1990 album “To The Extreme.” The song has a sample of the song “Under Pressure” by Queen and David Bowie. The song appears on the hit TV show “Glee” and sung by Matthew Morrison.
- “Mama Said Knock You Out” by LL Cool J. This is one of the most popular rap songs and can be heard on LL Cool J’s 1991 album “Mama Said Knock You Out.” The song is scheduled to be on the video game “Battle of the Bands” for the Wii. The song has appeared on several TV shows such as “Kenan and Kel,” “Moesha,” “One Tree Hill” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …