The 10 most successful entrepreneurs in India are not just known in their country but throughout the whole world. They have been involved in various fields and industries like petroleum, telecommunications, software and many others. The success stories of these leading businessmen continue to inspire people in how they have managed to stay on top through the years.
- Ratan Naval Tata–Ratan Naval Tata is the Chairman of the Tata Group. He has led the company in the industries of steel, motors, consulting, chemicals, telecommunications, hotels and many more. It was under his management that the business developed and experienced limitless opportunities.
- Azim H. Premji–Azim H. Premji started his business at the young age of 21 and is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in India. He is the chairman of Western Indian Vegetable Products and has also been successful in the software industry as he took up Electrical Engineering at Stanford University. Being the Bill Gates of India, he managed to keep Wipro as one of the leading software industries known all over the world.
- Indu Jain–Being one of the most successful woman entrepreneurs of India, Indu Jain is very well-recognized for her expertise in communications. She is the owner of "The Times of India," one of the leading newspapers in India. As the Chairperson of Bennett, Coleman & Co., she ventured inside and outside the scope of the industry of media.
- Sunnil Mital–Sunnil Mital is the name behind Bharti Airtel, the largest mobile service and distributor in India. He found success in telecommunications. With his great skills in international business relations and negotiations, he also partnered with different business sectors like the AXA (insurance company) and Rothschild family (export of fruits and vegetables).
- Mukesh Ambani–India’s richest man has become successful because of the way he managed his assets in the petroleum industry. As the owner of Reliance Industries Limited, he is ranked by "Forbes" (2010) as the fourth richest man in the world.
- Lakshmi Niwas Mittal–Lakshmi Niwas Mittal is not only one of the most successful entrepreneurs, but the second wealthiest man in India. He is very well known in the steel and oil industries that have made him a multi-billion man.
- Anil Ambani–The brother of Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani also acquired reputable entrepreneurial skills that paved way for his success. As the co-chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, he has been involved with businesses in various fields including entertainment, telecommunications and oil.
- Rahul Bajaj–Chairman of the Bajaj Group, Rahul Bajaj has developed unique ways in keeping Bajaj in the market. Although times have slowed other competitors in the market, he led the company to constant reinvention to keep them at pace. The Bajaj Pulsar Motorcycle has become the leading motorcycle in India.
- Kulam Mangalam Birla–Kulam Mangalam Birla started as the Chairman of Aditya Birla Group when he was 28-years-old. Since 1995, he has led the group very well, which made him one of the most successful entrepreneurs of India. He took advantage of every opportunity through business expansion with other business sectors like BPO, telecommunications, and software.
- Kundapur Vaman Kamath–As the CEO of ICICI Bank, Kundapur Vaman Kamath leads the largest private bank in India. The success of ICICI Bank since 1971 chiefly took place because of his vision in keeping the company modern with the use of technology.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.