If you are tired of all the Frankenstein, witch, and zombie costumes, these 10 movie couples costume Ideas are sure to make you and your beloved the hit of any party.
- Aragorn & Arwen from "The Lord of The Rings." This idea is romantic, magical, and full of adventure. Aragorn is brave, strong, and fearless. His Elven lover Arwen is the picture of grace and beauty, and literally gives the greatest gift she has (immortality) to be with the man she loves.
- "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." Not only is this idea from a kick butt action movie, the costume is a cinch! Oversized men's button up shirt, long enough to cover shorts so it look like the two of you are wearing nothing else. Mess up you hair, paint on some blood, and grab a few guns. You'll get kudos for the gutsy concept.
- "Bonnie & Clyde" The movie was based on the true story of depression-era bank robbers, and the costumes are masculine enough for you, and sexy enough for her. Who isn't turned on my a woman with a garter belt and a tommy gun, anyway?
- Trinity and Neo from "The Matrix." The men wear suits, the women wear leather, and everyone keeps their sunglasses on at night. "The Matrix" may be one of the most beloved movies of the new generation, and this combination of hard-core character costumes is sure to be a hit.
- Jack and Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas." This clever costume works well for a Halloween party, a Christmas party, or all the parties in between. Jack has multiple options for the costume, with or without the pumpkin head, or he can be Santa. Sally is pretty confined to her rag-like apparel, but have your girl go nuts stitching together her body parts with black eye liner.
- Scarlett and Rhett from "Gone With the Wind." It's a little more sweeping and romantic than some of the couples costume ideas on this list, but mentioning the idea to your sweetie will score you mad points. Every women in the world feels a connection to the provincial southern bell, Scarlett and Rhett Butler is one of the most iconic and masculine characters in all of cinema. And if it helps you stomach the idea, the don't even end up together.
- "Harry Potter." The most beloved fantasy of the modern age provides ample costume ideas for any themed gathering. While the couples are an obvious choice (Harry and Ginny or Ron and Hermoine), if you want to get a little more creative with your costumes, this is the film to help you do it: Dobby and Winky, Hagrid and Norbit, Voldermort and Nagini. The possibilities are endless, and the fun that will emerge from such costumes is sure to be endless.
- Han Solo and Princess Leia from "Star Wars." The woman in your life will have a great time finding fun and unique ways to style her hair for this costume idea. And since Leia was the best dressed woman in more than one Galaxy, she also has plenty of options for the actual attire. While we know "the gold bikini" is a popular choice, she also has the option of the white gown or a flight suit. Have fun helping her make the decision, and you just worry about being the best scoundrel you can possibly be.
- "Alice in Wonderland." This is another movie that houses limitless couples costume ideas. For her costumes from this film include, Alice, The Queen of Hearts, and The White Queen. Great costumes for you include, The King of Hearts, The Nave of Hearts, The Mad Hatter, or any of the Red Queen's Cards. The March Hair, The White Rabbit, The Dormouse, and the Cheshire Cat are all wonderful unisex ideas, and though the Tweedles are generally men, a couple could play this pair to great laughs.
- Dracula and Mena from Bram Stoker's "Dracula." It's romantic, it's terrifying, and it's classic. These three elements combine to make an especially wonderful movie couple Halloween costume. Remember to add the bite marks and blood to her neck. Aside from adding realism, it's darn sexy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…