10 Movies With The Best Sex Scenes
Want to know the 10 movies with the best sex scenes? Look no further than this comprehensive list. Sex scenes can be tricky for the most talented of filmmakers to pull off, but the directors of these ten movies successfully integrated great storytelling and superb performances with the steamiest of sex scenes. Here are the ten movies with the all-time best sex scenes.
- "Fatal Attraction" (1987) “I’m not going to be ignored, Dan.” It’s one of the most memorable quotes from one of the great 1980s thrillers starring Glenn Close and Michael Douglas. But before Close’s character Alex speaks these chilling words, she successfully seduces happy family man (Douglas) back to her apartment where they enjoy a passionate sex scene in a kitchen of all places.
"Bound" (1996) There are many joys to be found in this harrowing crime thriller, but none as much as a scene early on that starts with the one of the most sensual film kisses of all time. The Wachowski Brothers directed this movie before their fame with "The Matrix" and they allow the camera to roam around Violet (Jennifer Tilly) and Corky (Gina Gershon) in one long take as Violet pleasures Corky.
"Wild Things" (1998) Sam (Matt Dillon), Suzie (Neve Campbell) and Kelly (Denise Richards) have a three-way about halfway through John McNaughton’s sleazy thriller, an entertaining romp set in sweaty Florida. Richards is the only actor to reveal naughty bits, but Dillon’s loud moaning and Campbell’s makeout session with her female co-star make this memorable sex scene worth checking out.
"American Beauty" (1999) Blink and you’ll miss it. But the brutally funny sex scene in American Beauty that occurs between Carolyn (Annette Bening) and Buddy (Peter Gallagher) in a motel room is one of the best ever.
- "Monster’s Ball" (2001) Speaking of raw, there is nothing more so than in the emotionally-charged sex scene between Hank (Billy Bob Thornton) and Leticia (Halle Berry). Two deeply wounded souls find each other on a couch in a run-down home and desperately need a moment to feel good with one another.
- "Mulholland Dr." (2001) The lesbian sex scene occurs toward the end of David Lynch’s brilliant mindbender when Rita (Laura Elena Harring) and Betty (Naomi Watts) get naked and make love in bed after days of trying to solve the mystery of Rita’s existence. “I love you,” Betty says and it’s a feeling that’s far deeper than just a friendly love.
- "Brokeback Mountain" (2005) The beginning of this film plays out like any normal drama and that moment that takes place in that tent between Ennis (Heath Ledger) and Jack (Jake Gyllenhaal) is the biggest surprise for any who didn’t know it was coming. Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix reportedly turned this film down because they were “a little creeped out by the sex scenes.” Thankfully Ledger and Gyllenhaal didn’t feel that way.
- "A History of Violence" (2005) This sex scene takes place on the stairs and there’s more anger on display than love. Edie (Maria Bello) has been trying to piece her life back together after discovering her small town husband Tom (Viggo Mortensen) is a former hit man. She yells at him, punches him, pulls him down against their home staircase and proceed, seemingly out of nowhere, to have wild, passionate sex.
- "Little Children" (2006) Kate Winslet seems to be naked in more movies she appears in than not naked and she doesn’t disappoint in Todd Field’s "Little Children" where she’s gloriously nude in a handful of steamy scenes. The incredible sex scene takes place in a laundry room between Sarah (Winslet) and Brad (Brad Adamson), two unhappily married individuals who find chemistry with each other.
- "Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead" (2007) The story of this hugely entertaining Sidney Lumet thriller begins with Andy (Philip Seymour Hoffman) railing his girlfriend Gina (Marisa Tomei) against a bed like there’s no tomorrow. It’s a specific choice to open a film with this kind of intense sexual realism, but to have an overweight actor like Hoffman be the one pummeling a thin stunner like Tomei makes this one of the most awesome sex scenes ever put on film.