If you are a fan of the big screen, here are 10 movies that don’t suck. Many movies have a lot of flashy special effects that cover up a bad story or bad acting. These ten movies may not all be Oscar winners, but they are entertaining and certainly don’t suck.
- “Cast Away” (2000) This movie stars Tom Hanks as a Fedex employee. The film follows Hanks as he tries to survive on a desert island. You can watch this movie many times and it never gets old. "Cast Away" is at the top of the list of movies that don’t suck.
- “The Sixth Sense” (1999) Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment star is this supernatural thriller from the mind of M. Night Shyamalan. Willis is a child psychologist trying to help Osment, who in the film utters the now-classic phrase, “I see dead people.” If you like movies with plot twists, this one will not disappoint you.
- “Gladiator” (2000) Russell Crowe stars in this hit movie set in ancient Rome. If you are a fan of action movies, this film is one to watch. There are many great fight scenes in the movie, especially in the Colosseum.
- “The Perfect Storm” (2000) George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg star in this movie based on actual events. The majority of the film takes place at sea, as the crew of the Andrea Gail look for swordfish. The special effects of the storm are excellent and the acting is solid.
- “Good Will Hunting” (1997) Matt Damon and Robin Williams headline this movie. Damon is a brilliant mathematician in the film and Williams is a shrink who tries to help him deal with his rough past. This is one movie that doesn’t suck even if you are not a fan of the cast.
- “The Departed” (2006) This movie that doesn’t suck stars Jack Nicholson and Leonardo DiCaprio. If you like cops and gangsters, this movie is one to check out. Nicholson is particularly good in his role as a ruthless mob boss.
- “The Patriot” (2000) This film stars Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger as father and son. The movie takes place during the Revolutionary War and has many great scenes. Even if you are not a big fan of Gibson, this is one movie that doesn’t suck that you should check out.
- “The Hunt for Red October” (1990) Alec Baldwin and Sean Connery star in this Cold War epic. "Red October" is actually a Soviet submarine captained by Connery. Baldwin tries to help the United States government figure out what Connery’s intentions are. The acting is first-rate and there is plenty of action.
- “Pulp Fiction” (1994) John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson star as a pair of gangsters in this Quentin Tarantino film. There are many other stars in the film including Bruce Willis and Uma Thurman. The actors all give great performances and help make this a movie that doesn’t suck.
- “Unforgiven” (1992) Clint Eastwood stars in and directs this western movie that doesn’t suck. Morgan Freeman also appears and delivers his usual outstanding performance. Eastwood is a veteran of many cowboy movies, but in this film he is particularly good in the role of gunslinger.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.