These 10 movies featuring wetsuits are flicks about water, sharks and surfing. A wetsuit is a neoprene suit that can be worn with long, short or mid-sleeves and with full legs or legs that are cut off above the knees. Wetsuits keep warm water circulating around the body so avoid heat loss while waiting to catch a wave…or a monster shark!
- "Jaws." One of the original wetsuit films, the 1975 movie "Jaws" directed by Steven Spielberg traces Roy Scheider as police chief Martin Brody and Richard Dreyfuss as the character Matt Hooper, a marine biologist, in their search to find a great white shark that is eating vacationers and ruining a perfect summer season for the tiny make-believe town of Amity Island. This film was based on a Peter Benchley novel and was the topic of several sequels, including a three-dimensional flick. Nothing like sharks and wetsuits in 3-D.
- Any Bruce Brown Film. Filmmaker Bruce Brown is the original surf movie master and any film by Brown will feature surfers in wetsuits. Brown follows the endless surf around the world and cool waters require warming wetsuits. Check out Brown's "The Endless Summer" or "On Any Sunday" for lots of wetsuit action.
- "Titanic." Although you'd never know it, the actors in this film wore wetsuits throughout the water scenes to keep body temperatures comfortable. With a budget of more than $200,000,000, this production could afford plenty of wetsuits!
- "Blue Juice." This Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ewan McGregor and Sean Pertwee film is a product placement dream and wetsuits are only part of the surf gear featured throughout the film. Name brand hats, tee-shirts and wetsuits are the main costumes in this beachy adventure, not to mention boards, leashes and stickers. "Blue Juice" is a product placement extravaganza.
- "Changing Lanes." This 2002 may have viewers wondering just where the wetsuits are featured. It's another story line that takes the main actors into the water for major scenes. This means every scene filmed has actors in wetsuits with larger, duplicate costumes worn over the plastic heat retention.
- "The Deep." This underwater flick featured the acting duo Jacqueline Bisset and Nick Nolte who vacation on the island of Bermuda. Much of the film is spent with the actors in water wearing wetsuits as they explore the underwater around the island.
- "Into the Blue." Jessica Alba wears a wetsuit that covers her body and a bikini that doesn't cover much of anything in this action adventure film that takes film fans on an under the sea diving adventure saga.
- "Thunderball." This 1965 James Bond film asks the hero to travel to The Bahamas, land of bathing suits and wetsuits for deep sea diving. When you need to look for stolen nuclear warheads the search requires wearing a wetsuit or two. Of course the enemies belonging to the evil empire SPECTRE are defeated by a wetsuited Bond and a Bond girl or two sporting a wetsuit with the top zipper down enough to see a well-toned spy-fighting body.
- "Never Say Never Again." Another Bond-type movie with shapely women in tight wetsuits. This time Sean Connery is chasing SPECTRE agents with the stolen nuclear warheads and Kim Basinger must assist. This 1983 film is an adaptation of the "Thunderball" film and the wetsuit scenes of the first flick seem to have made the cut for the new version. Some things are just timeless….like women in skin-tight fitted wetsuits.
- "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou." In a type of parody of Jacques Cousteau, this Bill Murray film made in 2004 features the actor in various models of wetsuits. Zissou, played by Bill Murray, is out to get the "Jaws"-type shark that took out his oceanographic partner. The same type of wetsuit action presented in the "Jaws" film is
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.