If you are looking for some extra motivation to make an important turn for the better in your life, you'll want to read this list of 10 movies that inspire change. These movies, although very different in structure, genre and topic, all inspire positive change, for you and the world around you. As is stated in "It's a Wonderful Life," a film from the selected list below, "Every person's life touches so many other lives." Get inspired to make your life a better one!
- "Erin Brockovich" is a movie that's an inspiring true story. It tells how Erin came up against corporate giants to hold them responsible for the toxic waste they dumped illegally and irresponsibly, which led to many people in one small area getting cancer. The movie will leave you wanting to do your part to make the world a better place.
- "It's a Wonderful Life" is so much more than a Christmas classic. Although it has become a seasonal viewing experience for many, the movie has something to offer all through the year. The story is simple from the outset: a man who has always put others first gets so down that he considers taking his own life. What he doesn't realize is how much others love him. As his guardian angel, the comedic Clarence, teaches him, "No man is a failure who has friends."
- "Carrie" is a great movie, based on a novel by Stephen King. Although it seems like a movie made for entertainment, that's the beauty of it. Through Carrie, the movie shows you what happens when one is mistreated, bullied and made to be the outcast. It's stated that, if the school systems truly took a look at what this underrated movie has to say, perhaps the past couple of decades' worth of school violence could have been prevented. It's a strong anti-bullying movie.
- "My Life Without Me" is a beautiful film starring Sarah Polley. It's a slice-of-life movie, with a realistic tone and beautiful, authentic acting. It tells the story of the last months of a young mother who married young and lives in a trailer with her husband and two kids on her mother's property. It's lovely in how it unveils how she chooses to spend her time and what choices she makes for her little girls.
- "An Inconvenient Truth," the documentary by Al Gore, is a really important part of cinematic history. It tells you what you need to know, in a way that most viewers can understand and utilize in their own lives. It enables one to make a difference, making it a great inspirational film for change.
"Thelma and Louise" is a girl-power, get-away action movie. The lives of these two female characters spiral out of control as they take to the road. Although it shouldn't inspire you to hold up banks and run from the law, the movie is sure to inspire you to change up your life to add a bit more excitement to the mix and to leave abuse behind in the dust.
- "It's My Party" is another great movie to inspire change. Set at a party, which is intended to be a good-bye gathering for a man dying of AIDS, the truth of the characters in this ensemble piece really comes out. It's beautifully told, and it will inspire you to treasure every moment and make you think of right-to-die issues.
- "Casablanca" is a great movie to inspire change, because it does not appear to be focused on that endeavor. The anti-hero and hero are all in one. It will inspire you to think selflessly and consider change.
- "Babe" is a terrific movie that will inspire change in your eating habits, hopefully. It's hard to look at things from a pig's perspective, however cutesy and fictionalized it may be, and eat bacon ever again. This movie should inspire you to go vegetarian.
- "Steal a Pencil for Me" is an important documentary from 2007. It tells the story of Jack and Ina Polak, who had been married 60 years, as of 2006. They survived concentration camps to go on to live wonderful lives and have amazing adventures together.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.