These 10 movies that make men cry stand out as some of the best dramatic films of all time. You'll also find tear-jerking comedies on the list and a few other genres thrown into the mix. Whether about a man's biggest fears or his biggest dreams come true–or something in between–these movies have a lot to offer the male audience. See if you can find some new movies to rent or remember others that you've enjoyed in the past.
- "Rebel Without a Cause" is a bold movie starring the dynamic James Dean. He plays a guy's guy, a seemingly strong and independent rebel. However, there's a lot going on beneath the surface, and the layers begin to peel away as the story progresses. Any guy who has ever had issues with his father (and what son hasn't?) will appreciate this movie and probably shed more than one tear while viewing it.
- "Legends of the Fall" is a sweeping hit film from the 1990's. It is a dramatic epic film about the love between brothers and unconditional romantic love as well. Its gorgeous setting, breathtaking cinematography, charming characters and sincere sentimentality will capture your heart. The story it tells is gripping, and there won't be a dry eye among any viewers once you know what happens to some of the most lovable characters.
- "Splendor in the Grass" is a great classic movie starring Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty. It will bring tears and memories of your first love. As is said in the film, "We will grieve not, rather, find strength in what remains behind."
- "It's a Wonderful Life" is a Frank Capra masterpiece film. Known as a holiday movie, it is actually great to see at any time of year. It tells the story of a man who has always given all of himself to the community. Although it seems that has led him to nowhere, he discovers the important things about life when he meets his guardian angel, Clarence.
- "Father of the Bride" will bring on the waterworks in any man who has a child of any age. It's a beautiful 1991 remake starring Steve Martin, Diane Keaton and Kimberly Williams-Paisley. It's a comedy, but it has moments that are more touching than any drama film can boast.
- "Rocky" is the ultimate guy movie. However, it's not all brawn. It tells the classic story of the achievements of the underdog. There's a longstanding rumor that it was written within a week and that Sylvester Stallone became a star in it when he refused to sell the script without also being attached in the leading role. Whatever the case, the final film is a classic, and there's a touching story underneath it all.
- "Titanic" is the most successful movie of all time. It's also one of the most successful movies at working one's emotions. If the reality of the tragedy doesn't grab you, the character of Jack, who embodies the ultimate free man and rebel, will in his love and devotion for Rose.
"The Virgin Suicides" is somehow the story of every man's adolescence. Although the stars of the film are the five sisters alluded to in the title, the movie is told from the point of view of a group of neighborhood boys who are growing up and dealing with their obsession with this odd group of sisters. The movie's monologues, which come from the brilliant book by Jeffrey Eugenides of the same name and are interpreted almost word for word, tell as much about the young boys as it does the sisters.
- "The Maltese Faction" is a 1941 film that has stood the test of time. The cynicism of the movie can leave an unsettling feeling, though, and there are more than a few scenes that can bring one to tears.
- "Love Story" will tear your heart out. Anybody who is madly in love will have their heart broken as this gorgeous story unfolds; men aren't off the hook in being affected by its strong heart. The famous quote from the film is, "Love means never having to say you're sorry."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.