10 Movies To Watch While Tripping
These 10 movies to watch while tripping will definitely have you feeling dazed and confused! Tripping brings with it a special attitude, and you want to watch movies that are going to add to that feeling, not detract from it or make you feel bad. It's probably best to stay away from anything very sad or very scary. Animation, music and great special effects are the best way to go. Many people feel that movies are really the best way to pass the time when tripping, but actually staying indoors where you're safe isn't a bad idea. And you'll definitely have a great time with these ten movies to watch while tripping.
- "Heavy Metal" - Animation is always a great choice, but add sweet '80s animation to cheesy 80s rock and you have a real winner. For those unfamiliar, the movie is a series of vignettes revolving around the history of the Evil Locknar stone. While some portions of the movie might be too intense for some, it does pass quickly from one scene to the next, interspersing comedy, music and great animated effects.
- "Half Baked" - What could be better than a movie about a bunch of stoned guys? This ridiculous comedy is really at its best when you watch it while tripping.
- "Star Wars" - Specifically, the original trilogy. Leia is hotter, Jabba is more gruesome and the explosion of the Death Star is just sick. If you're thinking why watch something you've already seen dozens of times, that's exactly the point! The story is familiar, which allows your mind to expand and see things you never noticed before.
- "The Wall" - It might be too intense for some, but this movie was made to be watched while tripping. Crazy animation mixed with gritty filmed detail, and of course you can't go wrong with Pink Floyd.
- "The Wizard of Oz" - Speaking of Pink Floyd, there's no better time than when tripping to try the old Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon trick. Turn down the sound from the movie, and start the CD when the MGM lion roars.
- Any Disney Animated Film - Really, just about any one of them will do - especially the real old school movies. Fantasia, with its mix of classical music and animation is a favorite of many while tripping. Alice in Wonderland and Dumbo are a couple of others that work very well. Watch out for White Rabbits and Pink Elephants!
- "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" - While the Tim Burton version is great in its own right, it doesn't have the same trippiness as can be found in the 1970's Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder. The boat ride is especially effective while tripping.
- "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" - Movies with music are always good for tripping. RHPS is most fun if you're watching it together with a group - but you should avoid throwing toast or squirting water at your DVD player.
- "Beetlejuice" - Tim Burtons's dark special effects and Michael Keaton's rapid fire wit make this a great one to watch. The trip to purgatory is a lot of fun.
- "Waking Life" - The ultimate movie to watch while you're tripping. The movie deals with the very essence of dreams and consciousness, a frequent topic of conversation among those who are tripping. The rotoscoped cinematography will keep your attention and the dialogue will blow your mind.