10 Moving In Together Before Marriage Tips
Many couples are moving in together before marriage, hopefully they'll take a look at these 10 moving in together before marriage tips before doing so. The transition between seeing each other a few times a week to seeing each other daily can be rough. You will learn many things about your partner you did not know. Here are ten tips to smoothly transition into co-habitation.
- Be ready to share space in the closet. You may not be used to sharing closet space or any space at all. Living with your partner means you will have to share the closet and drawers you use. This can be a big step for some couples.
- Always do your part. Moving in together before marriage helps you to see how it will be as a married couple. You always need to help do the household chores. Make sure you do your part of the cleaning and cooking.
- Don't become possessive. Once you are moved in together, you are going to worry more about your partner. If they are late from work, you will wonder about accidents. If they leave early, you become suspicious. You do not want to become possessive. That will scare your partner off.
- Solve problems as you go. When you live together, you will be communicating more. Problems are going to arise. That is the normal parts of living together. Solve your problems before they get too far.
- Compromise with your partner. Of course guys like to live differently than women. You want the manly decor, sports posters, posters of women, etc. When your partner moves in, compromise with her. She may want to help decorate the place differently. You have to be able to compromise to make it while living together.
- Pay half of the bills. Neither partner should keep the other one up. Both should pay half on the bills. If one partner keeps the other one up, it will put a strain on your relationship.
- Make some ground rules. Before moving in together, you should set some ground rules. If there are certain nights a week you do a special activity bring that up. Both partners should contribute to the house rules.
- Do not smother each other. That is probably the biggest probably couples have when moving in together before marriage. The couple smothers each other. You want to spend time together, but too much time together is not good. You will argue more. Have some alone time set aside each week.
- Keep a date night. Even though you live together, you still want to go out and do things together. Do not make your life completely routine. You need some time out of the house.
- Be prepared for some disagreements. No couple is completely perfect. When moving in together before marriage, there will be disagreements. You need to work through these spats. They are going to happen. If you work through them, you will see how strong your relationship truly is.