Need to know about 10 Muslim dating rules? Dating can be very complicated, whether you are dating someone from the same religion or not. Here are 10 Muslim dating rules that you should be aware of.
- Remember that dating is only supposed to occur between spouses. A traditional Muslim dating rule is that dating is not intended for fun or new experiences for adolescents. The only time dating is deemed acceptable is when the person is ready to find a spouse.
- Seek the approval of parents. One of the most important Muslim dating rules to be aware of is that both of the families need to meet with one another. Be prepared to discuss everything from religion to children to income before the parents can decide if this will be an appropriate marriage.
- Meet in a chaperoned setting at all times. It is a very common practice for young Muslim men and women to see each other only in a situation where they are being chaperoned by adults.
- Be prepared for an early engagement. Since one of the Muslim dating rules is that dating should not occur prior to marriage, it is common for a man and woman to get engaged right away if they are interested in one another. They will spend the time during their engagement and marriage getting to know each other.
- Determine the best way to meet someone. In traditional Muslim dating, families will arrange for their child to meet potential suitors. Nowadays, Muslim dating websites can be a good option because they allow you to talk to one another before ever meeting.
- Avoid physical temptations. Whether you are following traditional or modern Muslim dating rules, it is never considered acceptable for someone who follows this religion to have sex prior to marriage. To ensure that this Muslim dating rule is easy to follow, avoid kissing and touching to prevent the desire to have sex.
- Remember that family must always accompany you for the first date. Even families who do not choose to continue supervision of their son and daughter during the dating process often will come the first time the couple meets. This even applies to modern online dating.
- Choose the appropriate age to begin dating. Due to Muslim dating rules which prevent dating for fun, this is often not during high school.
- Learn your family’s rules for dating. In traditional Muslim dating, there are many rules that need to be followed. More Muslim families are coming to accept more modern rules for dating.
- Find out how your family feels about dating outside of your religion. Although dating someone of the same religion is one of the Muslim dating rules most abide by, some families will be accepting of dating outside the religion. Other families may see this as a reason to shun their son or daughter.
These are just 10 Muslim dating rules that affect this religious community. It is important to keep in mind that Muslim dating has changed over the years, so it can be very complicated. Many families have come to adapt to the dating rules practiced by other cultures, while some remain traditional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.