Most movies end up being released on DVD at some point but there are 10 must-have movies released on DVD that any self-respecting movie fan should own. There are lots of good films but there are not that many truly great films. These must-have DVD movies have stood the test of time and remain as popular today as when they were first seen in theaters.
- "Wizard of Oz." 1939. This is one of the most popular movies of all time and is a must-have DVD. The DVD features a host of extras but most viewers watching this movie will be happy enough just to see Tin-Man, Dorothy and the gang battling the green witch of the West.
- "Pyscho," 1960. This is one of Alfred Hitchcock's finest works and it's hard to believe the DVD has been released to coincide with the 50th anniversary. Anthony Perkins seems like a legitimate pyshco and anyone who loves horror movies must-have this DVD.
- "Batman: Dark Knight," 2008. This was Heath Ledger's last and greatest movie. Heath was the star of the movie and his performance alone makes it a must-have DVD for any movie buff.
- "Superman," 1978. The late great Christopher Reeve was the best actor to play the role of Superman and the first movie was the very best. His outfit might amuse todays more cynical movie watchers but the film is timeless.
- "Scarface," 1983. This must-have movie released on DVD looks very dated if you notice things like the fashion and furnishings. If you just want to see Al Pacino and his little friend let rip then this is an absolute classic to add to your DVD collection.
- "Back to the Future," 1985. This DVD reminds us of a time when Michael J Fox was the hot young thing in Hollywood. He is still popular years later and this film holds up surprisingly well to the test of time.
- "A Christmas Story," 1983. This is a seasonal favorite and a must-have DVD for anyone who has company at Christmas. Hilarious and dated but still one of the best loved holiday movies.
- "The Godfather," 1972. This was the movie that introduced the world to the mob and many movies have followed in the same vein since then. The original is the best and it is a must-have DVD movie.
- "The Exorcist," 1973. This is the DVD that will give the bravest people sleepless nights. It still terrifies households across the U.S. nearly 40 years after its release. Its release on DVD means that it is a fixture in many movie collections.
- "Star Wars," 1977, 1980, 1983. George Lucas keeps re-releasing the Star Wars movies with extras but the original movie is the best. You have to buy the whole of the original trilogy to own it on DVD but it's an absolutely must-have movie and not just for hardcore sci-fi fans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.