10 NBA Best Dunks Ever
Here is a list of the 10 best NBA dunks ever. A dunk or slam dunk as it is commonly referred to is one of the highest percentage shots in basketball. What makes NBA dunks exciting to watch for the fans is the style, technique, and uniqueness used to perform these amazing feats of athleticism.
- Vince Carter: 2000 Slam Dunk Contest- Half man, half amazing, Vinsanity is one of the best and most creative dunkers in the history of the NBA. His 2000 performance in the first round of the Slam Dunk Contest goes down in Slam Dunk Contest history as number one. With the assistance of his cousin Tracy McGrady, Vince performed an ‘Off the Wall and Between the Legs’ Dunk.
- Michael Jordan: 1991 Game Three Bulls Vs Knicks– Getting dunked on can be very humiliating, what makes it worse is getting dunked on in your own home arena. Jordan stole the night late in the second quarter with his now famous posterized dunk on Ewing at MSG in 1991. They don’t call him Air Jordan for nothing!
- Dominique Wilkins: 1985 Slam Dunk Contest – In one of the best Slam Dunk Contests, Wilkins scored two 50’s in the final round to clinch the 1985 title against Jordan. The best dunk that won him the contest was his second, which he gave a powerful finish to his trademark dunk the ‘Two Hand Windmill’ dunk.
- Vince Carter: 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics – To prove that he is one of the best dunkers in history of the NBA, Vinsanity appears twice on this list and this time for his emasculation dunk on Frederic Weis of in the 2000 Summer Olympics. Nicknamed ‘the Dunk of Death’, Vinsanity jumped over 7’2" Weis before dunking the ball into the net.
- Michael Jordan: 1988 Slam Dunk Contest – One of the greatest players in the NBA, Jordan could do it all including dunking and his win in the 1988 Slam Dunk Contest proved just that. Jumping from the free throw line, Jordan did a ‘Double Clutch Dunk’ pumping the ball and then slams dunks it home. A well deserved 50!
- Jason Richardson: 2003 Slam Dunk Contest– One of the best final dunks in Slam Dunk Contest history goes to Richardson for his 2003 final dunk, winning him the title. Needing a 49 to win, he performed a never been done before ‘Reverse Between the Legs’, earning him a 50.
- Dr. J.: 1983 76ers Vs Lakers– It wouldn’t be right to not have the winner of the very first Slam Dunk Contest on a list of the best NBA dunks ever. Dr. J. rocks the baby to sleep and slam dunks with a ‘Cradle Dunk’ over cooper, one of the best dunks ever.
- Spud Webb: 1986 Slam Dunk Contest– At just 5’7, Atlanta Hawks guard Webb showed the world that short men could jump with an off the wall ‘Backwards Double Pump’ and winning the 1986 Slam Dunk contest.
- Brent Barry: 1996 Slam Dunk Contest – With a tremendous glide, he sailed in the air and dunked the ball with a Dr. J. invented “Free Throw Line Dunk” that won him the title.
- Dwight Howard: 2008 Slam Dunk Contest– Howard got not one but two straight 50’s for both his dunks in the 2008 Slam Dunk Contest. The first he threw the ball from behind the backboard, using his left hand did a windmill with his body and dunked and the second with his superman cape gliding high he slam dunked the ball into the net. Superman was in the building!