The ‘90s was a decade that the world of NBA basketball witnessed tremendous moments, great players and records broken. The 1990's could easily be referred to as Michael Jordan’s decade; one of the greatest players ever in the NBA and he kick starts this list of 10 NBA Best Moments of the ‘90s.
- 1998 Game 6 NBA Finals Bulls vs. Jazz: Jordan’s final minute shot. 41.9 seconds left on the clock the Bulls where down by three. Stealing the ball from Malone down-court with seconds left Jordan shoots the game winning jump shot from 20-foot, giving the Bulls there sixth title in eight years. This moment goes down as Jordan’s greatest shot in his NBA career and his final as a Bulls player.
- 1997 NBA 50thAnniversary. What a night it would have been at the 1997 All Star Game in Cleveland to be amongst the greatest players in NBA history. Standing shoulder to shoulder, past and present where 47 of the greatest players to ever play the game; Jordan, Dr J., Larry Bird, Magic, Mr Clutch just to name a few. A once in a lifetime moment!
- 1997 All-Star Game Semi Finals: Jordan’s only triple double in All-Star history. The 1997 All-Star Weekend not only marked a moment in history; the 50thAnniversary for NBA but also one of the best All-Star moments for Jordan. Jordan became the first player in All-Star history to record a triple-double with a pass to Pippen in the fourth quarter giving him 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists.
- 1992 All-Star Game: Magic Johnson’s unstoppable MVP performance. Magic’s announcement that he was HIV positive before the 1991 to 1992 NBA season sends shock waves throughout the world of sports. Voted by fans to start in the 1992 All-Star game and some resistance from some players Magic gave a stellar performance leading the West to win with 25 points and nine assists ending the game with a three-pointer. An MVP performance proving he was still a great player and inspiration to many.
- 1992 Summer Olympics: The Dream Team. After a disappointing finish in the 1988 Olympic Games, the US basketball team needed a strong comeback. A dream come true moment for the US when the team dubbed as the “Dream Team” featured 10 NBA stars a first in team history, winning them a gold medal in the 1992 games.
- 1991 Game 2 NBA Finals Bulls Vs Lakers: Jordan’s Switch-A-Roo. The 1990s truly was the decade for Jordan. In the closing minute of the game two finals Jordan gave a spectacular shot switching from right to left mid-air before laying it into the basket giving him his 13thconsecutive field goal of the game.
- 1997 Game 6 Western Conference Finals: John Stockton’s Game Winner. Seconds on the clock and a screen by Malone, Stockton scores a buzzer-beating three pointer giving the Jazz a 103-100 victory over the Rockets. Their first taste of the NBA Finals and a moment they will never forget.
- 1994 Game 5 Eastern Conference Finals: Reggie Miller’s 25-Point Fourth Quarter. The “Knick-Killer” Miller gave the performance of a lifetime totaling 39 points of which 25 were made during the fourth quarter with five-three pointers. This broke the 2-2 series tie, truly a moment that would never be forgotten.
- 1996 All Star Game: 20 points in 22 minutes for Jordan. How many players you know that can retire from the game, come back and still make history? Jordan did; starting alongside fellow Bulls teammate Pippen in the 1996 All-Star Game he scored an impressive 22 points in 20 minutes winning him MVP adding to his countless NBA moments.
- 1994 NBA Playoffs Sonics Vs Nuggets: No. 8 seed beating a No. 1 seed. It was to be one of the biggest upsets in NBA playoff history but a great moment for the Nuggets. With the best record in the league that season, up by two games the Sonics where sure to clutch the title. However short lived the Nuggets came back to win the next three games, a No. 8 seed beating out a No. 1 seed what a moment it was.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.