10 New Baby Gift Ideas
Family members or some special friends are about to be visited by the stork and you find yourself thinking about 10 new baby gift ideas. The birth of a newborn is a glorious event and a precious present from God and you want to make sure your mark the occasion with a gift. Gifts for newborns run the gauntlet from the practical to the extravagant and your gift may well revolve around the financial environment of the new parents. Here are 10 new baby gift ideas:
- Jewelry – Commemorative jewelry marking the event of the birth is a gift the child will appreciate in later years. Birth rings and necklaces would be appropriate jewelry gifts. To add a special touch you can have the jewelry personalized.
- Savings Bond – College costs have skyrocketed and it is never too early to start saving for higher education. US Savings Bonds in the child’s name can easily be purchased from the Treasury Direct Website.
- Diaper Bag and Diapers – Diapers may sound like a bland gift but newborns use quite a bit of them. Diapers can be expensive and experienced parents have learned to stock up on them. A diaper bag stocked with diapers, wipes and powder will be put to good use.
- Formula and Bottles – Babies only eat formula for months and like diapers experienced parents learn not to run out. A set of baby bottles, bottle brushes and several cases of formula will take the new baby and parents a long way.
- Clothes – Infants are cute, cuddly and messy and often need a change of clothes. Four or five outfits and an outdoor suit would make more than a fashion statement for the new bundle of joy.
- Gift Certificate – If you are not sure what the new parents need a gift certificate to a store that sells diapers, formula and baby clothes is an excellent idea. A gift certificate gives the parents the freedom of buying the products they are in need of most.
- New Parents Night Out – New parents are overjoyed with the birth of their child but the experience does come with some stress. Giving the parents a gift certificate to a local restaurant and offering to baby sit while they are out is a wonderful gift. The parents get a night out and you get to spend time with the baby.
- Stroller – Every newborn will need a stroller to be taken out in and years later when our newborn is older you can remind them that you gave them their first set of wheels. Strollers are often given as shower gifts so you do want to make sure the new parents don’t already have one.
- Car Seat – A car seat is a must for any infant traveling in an automobile. Car seats often double as a baby carrier and an in house seat or rocker. As with the stroller you do want to check to see if the parents already have one.
- Digital Photo Frame – Take some photos of the newborn and the parents and load them into a digital photo frame. The pictures will stand the test of time and will be admired by all the visitors to the home of the newborn. Our newborn will also appreciate this gift as they get older.