There are 10 New York shopping tips that every shopper should follow to ensure a successful shopping trip. On your next trip to the Big Apple, keep these 10 New York shopping tips in mind to get the most out of your trip.
- Map it out. Before you head out for your shopping excursion, it's a good idea to have an idea of what stores you want to visit. End your shopping trip with stores that are close to your residence so you can relax after a long day of shopping.
- Call ahead. If there is a store you have your heart set on visiting, it's a good idea to call ahead to be sure of the store's hours. You will save yourself time and money by planning ahead.
- Wear comfortable clothing. New York is known for fashion, but it's definitely not out of fashion to dress comfortably for your shopping excursion. You'll be glad you have on a good pair of tennis shoes when you are walking through Times Square.
- Head out early. Since New York is the city that never sleeps, it's a good idea to get a head start on your shopping trip. Beat the crowd by getting to your first destination early. It's especially a good idea to start early if it's a holiday or the weekend.
- Street Vendors. New York is notoriously known for the street vendors selling knock off designer paraphernalia. While it may be tempting, it's a good idea to steer clear of any street vendors.
- The fancy stores. Macy's and Bloomingdale's are among two of the most popular high end stores in New York City. Even if you don't plan on buying anything, it's still worth the trip to say you went to the stores.
- Bargains. New York City doesn't just specialize in higher end stores. There are also many different bargain stores where you can score some good finds. Do a little Internet research before your trip to find the perfect store for you.
- Carrying cash. It is not recommended to carry cash when shopping in New York City. Pickpockets are prevalent in New York City, so be sure to carry a credit card or traveler's checks.
- Take what you need. When shopping in New York City, make sure you take as little as possible. Since you'll probably be racking up the bags, it's good to start out with the bare essentials.
- Safety. While a New York shopping experience is wonderful, be sure you are aware of your surroundings. It's easy to get carried away in the excitement of the city, but be sure you stay safe by keeping yourself and valuables safe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.