Sports cars target that lust inside all of us; here are 10 nice sports cars for the diehard gear head. Their bodies are plastered on our walls when we are teenagers, they inspire us to hoon our hoopties at sixteen as if there were a V-12 under the hood of that Honda Civic. Nice sports cars have a way of making us act crazy just as that little hot blonde in science lab made us act when we thought we had a chance.
- Chevrolet Corvette C3. The third-generation of America's only true sports car is one nice sports car even though its performance was lacking at the end of its production run in the 1980s. The body of this car is so sexy that you can not deny its inclusion on any list of fine motor vehicles.
- Porsche 550. The roadster that James Dean died in is a nice sports care due to its pure nature. Before Porsche became synonymous with douchebag who can't even use a real stick shift, the automaker made sports cars with no amenities. These cars were pure in that they were meant for one thing: driving excitement.
- Ferrari F50. What better way to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of Ferrari, than to make an exotic that goes well beyond the realm of nice sports car.
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette. The second-generation of the Corvette was a nice sports car, but the 1963 model year featured the split rear window that became legendary amongst automotive enthusiasts.
- BMW Z8. The BMW Z3 and Z4 are a dime a dozen, but this roadster was rare and featured Italian styling with performance to match making for one nice sports car.
- Mercedes SL65. An AMG-tuned Mercedes roaster is about as nice of a sports car as you can imagine.
- Lamborghini Jalpa. Living in the shadow of its more famous big brother, the Countach, this sports car exudes 1980s Italian styling making for one of the nicest sports cars that is frequently overlooked by the masses.
- DeLorean DMC-12. This nice sports car will take you back to the future once you hit 88 miles per hour.
- AC Cobra. Take a huge American engine and shoehorn it into a compact British roadster and you get a nice sports car.
- Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1. The ZR1 package on the sixth-generation Corvette makes for a Ferrari-beater at a fraction of the cost.
For its diminutive size, the 2011 BMW 135i Convertible squeezes a track-ready monster under its sheet metal, one with a ...
Looking for a sweet ride? You couldn’t have picked a better time. The 2013 lineup is among the best in decades—especiall ...
The only thing bad about convertibles is if your hair doesn’t exactly lend itself to the wind-tousled look. That, or if ...