Everyone knows the most popular movie quotes of all time, but here are 10 obscure movie quotes. These obscure quotes range from the hilarious to the poignant and while not all of them come from great movies, these obscure quotes are certainly worth mentioning.
- "Men like you aren't relationships, you're exercise" – "Staying Alive" – While nearly everyone remembers the movie "Saturday Night Fever", virtually no one remembers the sequel "Staying Alive" directed by Sylvester Stallone (yes that Sylvester Stallone). Probably a good thing since this little obscure quote said by a sassy lass to a hammy John Travolta is the only good thing about the movie.
- "Give me Librium or give me meth" – "Boys in the Band" – This 1970 film about a party gone out of control manages to be touching and funny at the same time.
- "It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire." – "Waiting for Guffman" – Makes you think. Ponder that while trying to fall asleep tonight.
- "You take yourself out of the game, you start talking about puppy dogs and ice cream and of course it's going to end up on the friendship tip."- "Swingers" – The boys from the 1996 film Swingers had dames all figured out, didn't they? And no one wants to be on the friendship tip.
- "First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow." – "Army of Darkness" – While the guys from Swingers had the ladies figured out, poor Ash, hero of the Evil Dead series, appeared to have had enough of them in this cult classic.
- "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega." – "Mall Rats" – A bit dated perhaps, but insert Xbox, Playstation 3, or "World of Warcraft" and this obscure quote from one of the early films of director Kevin Smith still works.
- "The last few days, I've been learning not to trust people and I'm glad I've failed. Sometimes we depend on other people as a mirror to define us and tell us who we are and each reflection makes me like myself a little more." – "My Blueberry Nights". A lovely obscure quote said by singer Norah Jones in her acting debut.
- "In the past year, over 800,000 Americans have died. Despite millions of dollars of research, death continues to be our nation's number one killer." – "Kentucky Fried Movie" – This comedy, an early movie from John Landis and the Zucker brothers, is like no other and set the way for movies like "The Naked Gun" and "Airplane!". Funny, raunchy and very very silly.
- "I love my dead gay son!" – "Heathers" – The father of a deceased football player declares his love for his boy in this 1989 dark comedy starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater.
- "It's nothing very special. Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations." – "The Meaning of Life" – So now you know. You can stop pondering.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.