10 One Year Anniversary Gift Ideas For Wife
Any newlywed man will want to know about these 10 one year anniversary gift ideas for wife. The traditional one year anniversary gift idea is paper. When you're married, its always the thought that counts, and choosing the right one year anniversary gift for the wife will take a little thought. These one year anniversary gift ideas for the wife are pretty simple. However, they are both traditional, thoughtful; and will make any man the "Best Husband on Earth."
- Photographs. Perhaps your wife has a favorite photograph of the two of you that has only seen the light of day on your Facebook page. Take the digital copy of that picture and get it printed out to a nice 8x11 size and fit it nicely into a picture frame. There will be a lot of thought behind remembering what pictures she likes, and getting it processed in time for your anniversary, but a picture is always worth a thousand words, especially on your anniversary.
- Tickets. A concert, or sporting event makes a perfect date night. Put some thought into who your wife's favorite musician is and buy tickets to their next show. If she's into sports, get tickets to her favorite sporting event or team. Even if its not your favorite team or musician, it doesn't matter. She'll really appreciate the fact that even though you hate New Kids on the Block, you took her to their concert for your anniversary.
- Board Games and puzzles. Get in a little quality time with your wife on your anniversary with a good game of Scrabble. Their are specialty stores and websites that make custom jigsaw puzzles, consider ordering one with a special message or picture (see gift idea #1: "Photographs"). Its up to you to decide what kind of board games your wife likes.
- Watch. Clocks are the modern one year anniversary gift ideas. A watch is a practical gift idea that's just as elegant as jewelry, and women love jewelry, even if they don't always wear a lot of it.
- Books. Hopefully you were listening when your wife said she wanted to learn to speak Chinese or read the latest in the Twilight series. If your wife loves to read a good book, a book for your anniversary probably means your were listening. If she doesn't, consider a scrap book complete with mementos and pictures from your first year of marriage.
- Calendar. If you wife is the schedule-oriented career type, consider putting together a custom calendar. Specialty websites will print and deliver custom calendars with special dates and her favorite pictures of the two of you for about $25.
- Dinner. Whether at home or at a nice restaurant, a nice meal for your anniversary is a great gift. Keep it traditional by calling the restaurant ahead of time and to have a special anniversary dinner menu printed out. If you're cooking at home, have the meal and anniversary menu ready when she gets home.
- Stationary. If she hasn't already order some mailing labels and stationary with her new married name.
- Painting. Get your wedding photo made into a painting. While some women will prefer the more traditional, oil or acrylic painting, some might like a humorous caricature to hang on the living room wall. Its up to you to figure out which one your wife would prefer.
- Love letter. The first year of marriage can sometimes be tough financially, sometimes you may have forgotten until the last minute. Either way, a love letter is much appreciated, just make sure its from the heart. A nice envelope (see stationary) can sweeten this simple gift.