10 One Year Anniversary Ideas
Select from these 10 one year anniversary ideas to get this important date right. The first anniversary is the most important because the relationship is still fairly new. Your choice could make or break the future you share (or not). Fortunately, without previous anniversaries to “one up” you, you will be able to do some traditional gifts along with a few modern spins.
- Send flowers. No, not roses. A dozen roses as a one year anniversary idea has become stale. Use a little imagination and order exotic flowers. If your budget is an issue, ask the florist to dye a dozen carnations the color of his or her eyes.
- A rose is appropriate when sent as a lone long stem. Add a sentimental note that only the two of you can comprehend the meaning. This one year anniversary idea will be sure to make him or her smile and look forward to seeing you later in the day.
- A romantic getaway can be a very one year anniversary idea for a gift. Don’t let anyone know where you are going to avoid interruptions.
- A favorite chocolate for every day you have been together will be a romantic yet sweet one year anniversary idea. Attach a sweet note referring to the time you have shared together.
- Plan a day trip to the forest for a picnic and hike. Your mate will enjoy the one year anniversary idea to spend time alone with nature.
- Purchase a copy of the first movie that you watched together, include a copy of the first song you danced to, etc. This “first” one year anniversary idea will rekindle the spark your relationship had when it was new.
- Ask the florist to slip a ring or necklace inside a latex balloon before adding the helium. Send the balloon along with a short love note.
- Plan a romantic dinner at his or her favorite restaurant. Present a small piece of jewelry at the dessert course.
- Take your love on a romantic ride for a one year anniversary idea. A horse carriage is traditional. A modern and unexpected option is a hot air balloon ride.
- Assemble a photo album of the year you two have spent together. Place pictures in a chronological order and add some quotes or personalized thoughts throughout.