10 Online Fraud Prevention Settings Tips
Have you ever wanted a list of ten online fraud prevention settings tips to make online bill paying and shopping safer? There are a number of ways to safeguard your computer against spyware and various types of malware. Aside from the obvious do not open an e-mail from someone you do not know there are other ways to safeguard yourself against online fraud.
- If you are wondering about online fraud prevention settings tips think of how many computers are running off the main terminal you access. Using a computer that doesn't have other computers linked to the source computer is way to ensure fraud prevention.
- Using a desktop computer is safer than a laptop. Wireless signals are easy to compromise and manipulate. Sharing information is easy even with a firewall since the signal can not stop anyone from being on it's signal. In effect, the wireless signal user does not have a firewall, and information can be visible.
- Software choices can make online fraud prevention setting tips unnecessary. Using less popular software will secure your computer without needing to run live or click to open anti-spy or anti-malware. Think of it from a hackers point of view. Why infect 100 computers instead of 100 million computers? Greed will drive the hacker to go for the obvious.
- Investing in a different computer with their software will have less of a chance of being hacked. Hacking and spyware is done on one one software company particularly. People who own different types of computers will attest to this. They have less viruses, etc. due to the computer and it's software.
- Firewall your computer from malware and spyware. This is the most obvious way to prevent online fraud.
- Choosing security software with blocking features in a browser is an excellent online fraud prevention setting tip. Many security software programs have anti-phising toolbars available as part of the standard package. These provide an extra layer of protection while browsing.
- Some browsers have add on features allowing you to control cookies, scripts, etc. Using these browsers is an excellent choice in online fraud prevention.
- Some software programs are designed to clean cookies, etc. The setting can be adjusted to clear all information as soon as the browser is closed. This software cleans the computer better than software settings that claim to clean history and browsing data.
- Software allows users to choose personal settings that will eliminate sites, etc. known to have not so good reputations. Use your software settings clean your information upon closing.