10 Original Date Ideas
It's easy to get stuck in the dating trap of going out for dinner and a movie time and time again, so here are 10 original date ideas. It will be a refreshing change of pace and your date will appreciate your creativity.
- Skydiving. Skydiving is certainly an original idea for a date. Tandem jumps are available for beginners. Check your local listings for skydiving in your area.
- Hold a survey of the public. Pick a subject, either silly or serious. Walk around town and survey the public on their opinions. See if the results compare to what you thought they would.
- Have a whipped topping fight. Better than making your own sundaes, having a whipped topping fight is much more fun. Just be sure to wear clothes you wouldn't mind getting dirty and have the food fight in an easy to clean area.
- Crash a wedding reception. Dress up in your wedding best and head out to a wedding reception in your area. Just try to be convincing and try not to get caught. Make a bet and see how long it takes before you two are thrown out. And don't be surprised if the happy couple think they know you.
- Clean an attic or basement that hasn't been cleaned for a while. A grandparent's house works especially well for this. Clearing out a room of stuff may not sound that fun, but you'd be surprised at some of the interesting things that can be unearthed.
- Attend an auction. Check your local newspaper for auctions happening in your area. Even if you don't have the funds to get anything, it would still be interesting to see what kinds of things people sell and the amount of money some people will spend to buy them.
- Have a pancake eating contest. Head to a nearby restaurant that serves breakfast all day. IHOP would be a good place to go to. Either way, both of you should get the all you can eat pancakes and have an eating contest. Set the rules, and whoever eats the most pancakes wins.
- Have a hot dog and marshmallow roast. Find somewhere to have a small open fire. Either use old fashioned whittled sticks to do your roasting, or buy some from a store. Enjoy some conversation while you're roasting your hot dogs. After the hot dogs are done, s'mores make an excellent dessert.
- Go play board games in the park. When the weather starts getting a little chilly in the fall, head to a local park. Prepare a thermos of hot chocolate to take with you. Once you're there, spread out a blanket to sit on. Spend the afternoon playing your favorite board game and drinking hot chocolate.
- Play golf in the snow. Snow golf is kind of an uphill battle, but it will be fun. See who can find their ball the fastest in the snow. It's doubtful you'll actually be able to get through a whole course, so don't worry if you don't. After the game, winner gets treated to a tasty hot beverage.
Posted on: Oct. 21, 2010