The 10 patriotic songs for kids are songs that children can learn in grade school and carry with them for the rest of their lives. During school concerts and assemblies, children can get together and belt out their favorite patriotic songs. As you watch your child go through their early years, make sure you expose them to the top 10 patriotic songs for kids.
- "The Star Spangled Banner" (1814). There is no more patriotic song for children to learn than the American national anthem, also known as "The Star Spangled Banner" (1814). Not only is it the official song of our country, but it also tells a historic story about a critical battle in the War of 1812.
- "Yankee Doodle" (1770). "Yankee Doodle" is a traditional American folk song that talks about what it means to be an American. The lyrics and melody create a bouncy song that children can use to show why this is one of the top 10 patriotic songs for kids.
- "(I'm A) Yankee Doodle Dandy" (1904). When you want to teach children one of the top 10 patriotic songs for kids that says what it means to be an American in the shortest possible verse, the song "(I'm A) Yankee Doodle Dandy" (1904) is the perfect song. Uncle Sam, the fourth of July and the colors of the American flag make up this patriotic hit.
- "America The Beautiful" (1895). One of the top 10 patriotic songs for kids that has the name America right in it is "America The Beautiful" (1895). It is a song that celebrates the bounty, the landscape and the overall panoramic beauty of the American countryside.
- "God Bless America" (1918). The song "God Bless America" is sometimes sung in lieu of "The Star Spangled Banner" (1814) at sporting events. It is an ideal song to be on the list of 10 patriotic songs for kids because it bellows out patriotism in every verse.
- "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" (1831). The song "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" (1831) is often taught along with "God Bless America" (1918) as an alternate to "The Star Spangled Banner" (1814) in grade schools. There is no song to take the place of the national anthem, but this song that pledges allegiance to the United States offers a powerful patriotic message for kids.
- "Hail to the Chief" (1812). As American children grow up and watch the president of the United States on television or in person, they will hear "Hail to the Chief" (1812) played as the president enters the room. Because of its national importance, this song sits on the list of 10 patriotic songs for kids.
- "This Land is Your Land" (1940). As soon as "This Land is Your Land" (1940) was released, it instantly became one of the 10 patriotic songs for kids to learn. The lyrics talk about everyone in the country living together as one.
- "You're a Grand Old Flag" (1906). The song "You're a Grand Old Flag" (1906) has a bouncy beat that can teach kids the right way to salute the stars and stripes. It is a patriotic song that kids all over the country can sing along with.
- "Stars and Stripes Forever" (1896). The great American composer John Philip Sousa penned "Stars and Stripes Forever" (1896) as a tribute to the country and the flag. It is a fitting entry on the list of the top 10 patriotic songs for kids.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.