Beautiful women don’t have to be tall to make it in Hollywood and there are at least 10 petite, short actresses who have proven that height doesn’t matter. Each of the actresses below not only made this list for their height, but for how they established themselves as actresses, set apart for greatness.
- Ellen Page (5'1") The Canadian actress and Oscar-nominee first came to us in "Juno" playing an eccentric teenager who finds herself pregnant. Now the rising star is an award-winning actress with roles in "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Inception."
- Reese Witherspoon (5'1½") This blonde bombshell has been in the tabloids over the past years more for her love life than her acting, but the star still knows how to put on a show. Just take her ditsy role in "Legally Blonde" for example or her roles in" Sweet home Alabama," "Cruel Intentions," "Four Christmases," "Just Like Heaven" or "Walk the Line."
- Natalie Portman (5'3") This short actress made headlines when she shaved her head for her role in "V for Vendetta," but that’s not all the star has done; she had the leading role in the book turned movie "Where the Heart Is," starred as Amidala/Padme in the acclaimed "Star Wars" series and is set to star in 2010’s "Thor."
- Eva Longoria Parker (5'2") Standing next to her NBA star husband makes this little Mexican-American star seem shorter than she is, which is short to begin with. After starring as one of the original desperate housewives, Eva is making a name for herself in the acting biz, especially now that she has dabbled in movies, too.
- Hayden Panettiere (5'1") Starting young, Hayden acted as Sheryl Yoast in "Remember the Titans" and Kate Hudson’s teenage niece in "Raising Helen." Made famous for her role as the spunky cheerleader on "Heroes," Hayden is not just a pretty face. This rising star is also an ambassador for the IUCN Wildlife Foundation, an organization that helps raise funds to support and save endangered species.
- Dakota Fanning (5'3½") Though this young star is still a teenager, Dakota Fanning has made enough of a name for herself to be consider one the amazing petite actresses in Hollywood. Dakota is proving to be a versatile actress with such roles as Jane in the "Twilight" saga, Cherie Currie in "The Runaways," Tom Cruise's daughter in "War of the Worlds", not to mention her heartbreaking role starring alongside Denzel Washington in "Man on Fire."
- Sarah Jessica Parker (5'3") Known for being Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex in the City," Sarah Jessica Parker has always played strong women in both TV shows and movies. Take for example her role opposite Matthew McConaughey in "Failure to Launch" or her humorous role in "The Family Stone." Not to mention, she also started her own fashion line: Bitten.
- Mila Kunis (5'3") Perhaps this starlet’s voice is more recognizable than her body, considering she is the voice of Meg Griffin on "The Family Guy." No, her acting roles speak for themselves. Mila Kunis has starred in "Max Payne," "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and not to mention her memorable role as Jackie on "That 70’s Show."
- Salma Hayek (5'2") This Mexican starlet is well-known for her, let us say… assets. Starring alongside funny men Adam Sandler, Kevin James and others, Salma showcased her humorous side in "Grown Ups" while showing her sexy side in films such as "Wild, Wild West," "Desperado" and "Fools Rush In."
- Amanda Seyfried (5'3½") This shorty proved she has a voice in her role alongside Meryl Streep in the musical: "Mama Mia." She has also starred in recent films such as "Letters to Juliet," "Dear John" and "Jennifer’s Body."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.