If you're a single guy wondering where the older women hang out, here are 10 places to meet older women.
- Church. Spirituality is important to many people, but sometimes it becomes more pronounced as women get older. Single men should get out their church's singles activity center to see if there are events happening where they could meet someone special.
- Grocery Store. Everyone has to shop, and what better way to meet an older woman than by bumping into her at the grocery store? The way to get introduced is to comment casually on something in her cart. Then, if she seems receptive, ask her if she wants to meet for a cup of coffee.
- Yoga Class. Fitness and flexibility are even more important as you get older, so many women are heading to yoga class. Guys can get a great workout in while they meet older women besides.
- Internet Dating. Online dating has become a great place to meet older women, as many of them are logging on after divorce or widowhood to find their ideal mate.
- Walking Groups. Many women are gathering together to form walk groups, where people get in shape while they talk and get to know one another. Any guy joining one of these groups would have a good chance to meet older women.
- Cooking Class. Beef up on your cooking skills and meet an older woman or two besides. Single men can learn to cook something new so he can make dinner for his date, once he meets her, that is!
- Community Theater. For the single thespians, community theater is a good way to meet older women. Check out the local arts group to see what's playing in your neighborhood.
- Book Clubs. For the literary minded, a book club is an excellent place to share your passion and meet older women. Check with the local library or bookstore to find a group near you.
- Volunteering. There is no better way to meet older women while also giving back to the community. Single men looking to volunteer can contact his local community center or even do an Internet search for events in his area.
- Facebook. According to Facebook, "more than 400 million active users" have accounts, with half of those logging on every day. With figures like that, it's easy to see why Facebook has become a good place to find lost loves, old friends, and meet new people.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.