10 Places To Travel Alone Safely
The list of the 10 places to travel alone safely includes some of the world’s best tourist destinations which are also relatively free of crime. Some people enjoy the peace and quiet of a vacation alone but some – especially women – understand the potential vulnerabilities of such travel. Visiting these pleasant locales will make for a great solo trip.
- Cape Cod. This area of Massachusetts is certainly one of the best places to travel alone safely. A little strip of curling land reaching into the Atlantic, this area is home to quaint hamlets, artisan shops, restaurants with great fresh seafood, and some of the most pleasant people you’ll ever meet.
- Disney parks. Disney has four major theme park resorts around the world and these locations are about as family-friendly and conflict free as anywhere in the world – they don’t call it the happiest place on earth for nothing. Tap into that kid inside of you, stay at one of Disney’s properties and you won’t have to worry about a thing.
- Geneva. This Swiss town is a worldwide center for peacekeeping and international relations, as well as one of Europe’s financial capitals. A very historic town, museums are in abundant supply, with much reachable by foot. Certainly one of the 10 places to travel alone safely, your biggest threat here might be from getting fat on chocolate.
- Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Cape Breton is a large island making up the northern portion of Nova Scotia in Canada. You can feel perfectly safe here wandering the many miles of trails in this breathtaking setting, reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands. The only intimidating thing you’re likely to cross here is a moose.
- Melbourne. This capital city is on the southeast corner of Australia, a city that is one the world’s great locations for art, culture, sports, and entertainment. With a low crime rate the city is very welcoming to tourists, who can take in its beautiful sights.
- Portland. In the old days male visitors to this Oregon city were in danger of getting “shanghaied” and sold into slavery on shipping vessels. Today this pleasant and very green city—both in terms of foliage and environmental attitude—is one of the 10 places to travel alone safely. Enjoy the vibrant arts scene and the great seafood restaurants.
- St. John. There are some islands in the Caribbean—not to point any fingers, Jamaica—that are very crime ridden, particularly with tourists as victims. St. John is the sleepy island of the U.S. Virgin Islands, where people from St. Thomas go for vacation. Enjoy some of world’s most beautiful beaches on this getaway, one of the 10 places to travel alone safely.
- Victoria. This British Columbia city is nicknamed “the city of gardens” due to the abundance of them here, with an abundance of rainfall making things green and lush. Don’t miss Butchart Gardens, one of the world’s most beautiful. The Historic Empress hotel is a great place to stay, but also stands alone as a great tourist attraction. Treat yourself to the afternoon tea here.
- Atlantis. This is a mega resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, and one of the 10 places to travel alone safely. Lose yourself in all this place has to offer, from private beaches, to the sauna, to the casino. You can even check into one of the most expensive hotel rooms in the world.
- Berlin. This is the capital of Germany and its largest city, but remains a low-crime area full of friendly people ready to be nice to westerners. A city with a rich history, you’ll find orchestras, museums, sports teams, great nightlife and a thorough public transit system.