Looking for 10 places to travel on a budget in Alaska? Alaska is full of surprises, as well as interesting places to travel on a budget. Get ready to brace the cold in this round up of the best budget destinations in one of America’s most fascinating states.
- Anchorage. Alaska’s capital is a surprisingly hip city, while remaining affordable, and is thus one of the best places to travel on a budget in the state.
- Homer. Voted one of the coolest small towns in the United States by "Budget Travel" magazine, Homer is a hidden gem and popular among fishermen, artists and writers alike.
- Girdwood. Located just 37 miles outside of Anchorage, the small town of Girdwood is one of the best places to travel on a budget for ski enthusiasts, as it has some of the state’s finest slopes.
- Whittier. This is one of Alaska’s more unique places to travel on a budget. You have to enter the town through a narrow tunnel hidden in the mountains. The tunnel is the brainchild of military scientists who founded the town as a military installation during the second World War.
- Prince William Sound. Home to the famous Valdez oil spill of 1989, Prince William Sound has mostly been cleaned up, and is home to the sight of spectacular glaciers, whales, otters and seals.
- Kenai Fjords National Park. With its awe-inspiring canyons and rich array of wildlife, Kenai Fjords National Park is one of the best places to travel on a budget in Alaska for nature lovers.
- Valdez. Given its prime location on Prince William Sound, Valdez is one of the best places to travel on a budget in Alaska if you are in the market for some good fishing.
- Eagle River. Not far from Anchorage, Eagle River is a small town offering some of the best mountain hiking in the state, not to mention impressive views.
- Seward. Seward is a popular spot for kayaking enthusiasts. If you're looking for some kayak action, Seward just may be the destination for you!
- Talkeetna. Talkeetna is the closest town to Denali National Park, home of Mount McKinley, America’s highest mountain. If nature appeals to you, check out this amazing Alaska location!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.